Show messages:  1-20  …  461-480  481-500  501-520  521-529

7 Feb 2023   [#521] In reply to [#519]
hi Peer

Thanks for sharing this script
it works fine

christian
27 May 2023   [#522]
Hi Michael,

Please add some functionality to Delete where if I select some naked edges and hit Delete then the surfaces get extended, intersected, trimmed, and joined. Like if I delete a fillet chain and then select all the naked edges left behind and hit Delete, I’ll get a sharp-edged surface/solid that’s all joined up. Or if I delete the faces of a pocket that's at the junction of a few faces (not necessarily an inner loop), select the naked edges, and hit Delete then the pocket basically gets filled in.

I think there might be some "remove face" or defeaturing stuff in ACIS.

- Peer
13 Jun 2023   [#523]
Hi Michael,

Please add typographical points (1/72 of an inch) as a unit system. Right now it is cumbersome to deal with text and with lines that have width since both are generally defined in terms of points. This will also probably help with the output of make2d since that seems to be in points.

- Peer
13 Jun 2023   [#524] In reply to [#523]
Hi Peer, unfortunately typographic points are not commonly used as a unit system in CAD software. So adding that would trigger some compatibility issues around data transfer.

- Michael
13 Jun 2023   [#525] In reply to [#524]
Thanks for explaining Michael. Hadn't thought of that.

- Peer
16 Jun 2023   [#526]
Hey Michael,

Any chance to get transparency options (ie. translucency) for solids (and surfaces)?
I am needing to place objects into a hollow part and am finding it challenging.

MindSet
16 Jun 2023   [#527] In reply to [#526]
Hi MindSet,

What about checking the box under View that says "Display hidden lines"? That basically makes everything translucent like in the attached image.

If you're placing a shape that doesn't have many edges, like a sphere, you can select that shape and do Construct > Curve > Silhou to see its silhouette.

- Peer

Image Attachments:
hidden_lines.png 

16 Jun 2023   [#528] In reply to [#527]
Yo Peer,

Yep, that does seem to work in most instances and is sufficient in the current case.
Thanks!! You helped make this an even better day for me.

This community is as wonderful as the software itself.
I am very appreciative on both counts.
- MindSet
7 Mar   [#529]
I'd go in for a camera snap to ?ortho axis? in the 3D viewport when orbiting by holding down shiift, I find this a huge benefit/workflow enhancement in ZBrush.

Cheers

// Rich

Show messages:  1-20  …  461-480  481-500  501-520  521-529