MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 Wish List

Show messages:  1-9  …  330-349  350-369  370-389  390-409  410-429  430-449  450-469  …

7 May 2022   [#390] In reply to [#389]
Hi Michael,
So with regards to modifying the polygon.htm file....

MoI's structure is that the htm and js files have the same name to address each other.

I just wanted to be sure. Or possibky suggest a pointer in an htm file to a js file.

So why i ask, is "i" would make a polygon3-polygon5 and polygon8 htm file etc. As many as i like, though they all only really need polygon.js

Not more js files just for the name match.

But really, its not overly intrusive. Just wanted to ask about if it worked that way now, and i didn't know it
7 May 2022   [#391] In reply to [#390]
Hi Burr, so the way that commands in MoI work is when you enter in a command name to run, MoI will look in the commands folders (both install and appdata and any additional ones listed in moi.ini) for a .js script file with that name.

There can optionally be an .htm file with the same name as well. If there is then it will start up loading the .htm file into the command options area and let that finish loading first before loading and executing the .js file's script code.

re:
> Not more js files just for the name match.

It won't work like that because the .js file is the main thing associated with a command, it's the .htm file that is optional. If you have a command that does something and exits without showing any UI then only the .js file is needed.

re:
> So why i ask, is "i" would make a polygon3-polygon5 and polygon8 htm file etc. As many as i like, though they all only really need polygon.js

Instead of doing that you could give a command line parameter and have the script pay attention to that to parameterize it.

There is also a mechanism where if you give a command line parameter using the id values of one of the controls in the .htm file it will set the control to that value. So for example instead of having polygon3.htm, polygon5.htm, polygon8.htm you could do:

Polygon numsidesinput=3
Polygon numsidesinput=5
Polygon numsidesinput=8

- Michael

7 May 2022   [#392] In reply to [#391]

"Why that's IMPOSSIBLE"

No no no. "I was inverted"!!!

Thanks Ice!

7 May 2022   [#393] In reply to [#392]
:) It's kind of crazy there's going to be a new movie after so many years.

- Michael
7 May 2022   [#394] In reply to [#393]
It will have been 11 years since i have been to one. Gonna take my son, who is 16 now!!! Can't wait!
9 May 2022   [#395] In reply to [#389]
Hi Michael

Thank you for the solution to my sidebar question.

After reading your explanation re my request for a polygon 'dimension' field, I did find a workaround solution that streamlines my workflow to some extent. I discovered that after selecting the desired polygon shape, I can enter the desired polygon dimension (radius) in the 'd' field as my first entry. This 'd' value then remains active until I finalize the polygon orientation. So with this workflow I'm able to 'preset' the polygon radius which works fine for my purposes.

Would adding a redundant 'd' field in the polygon settings section (under SIDES?) possibly make this workflow simpler without causing the conflicts you mentioned earlier? Or would a redundant 'd' field be potentially confusing/inconsistent with the MoI UI?

Again, not a big issue for me and especially given the workaround I mentioned above. Just highlighting in case you thought this one might be a possible MoI workflow improvement.

Cheers

Scott
9 May 2022   [#396] In reply to [#395]
Hi Scott,

re:
> Would adding a redundant 'd' field in the polygon settings section (under SIDES?) possibly
> make this workflow simpler without causing the conflicts you mentioned earlier? Or would
> a redundant 'd' field be potentially confusing/inconsistent with the MoI UI?

Well the problem is I'm not sure about the answers to these questions so that makes me
hesitate.

One thing that I have done though is I've made Ctrl+Tab work to always put keyboard focus into
the XYZ input control and not into the command specific options area like plain Tab does.

So you'll be able to use Ctrl+Tab and then type a number into the XYZ input to set distance
constraint without any clicks needed.

- Michael
27 May 2022   [#397]
Hi Michael,

Would it be possible to add a description column to the Shortcut Keys for clarity? Longer descriptions can be used.

Thank you,
Wayne

Image Attachments:
Shortcut Keys Description.png 

27 May 2022   [#398] In reply to [#397]
Hi Wayne,

re:
> Would it be possible to add a description column to the Shortcut Keys for clarity? Longer descriptions can be used.

At some point I would like to have it set up so that you only see a description like that where it comes from some kind of script library. But I don't know when that will happen.

Probably the next area of work for keyboard shortcuts will be to do multi key sequences.

- Michael
30 May 2022   [#399] In reply to [#398]
"Probably the next area of work for keyboard shortcuts will be to do multi key sequences."
What you mean?
Maybe the possibility to crate shortcuts commands like in Autocad or Rhinoceros?
e.g.

OF --> space bar = offset
BEV --> space bar = Bevel
BOO --> space bar = boolean
BOU --> space bar = boolean union
BOD --> space bar = boolean difference

In Autocad you can use space-bar or enter key to execute the command

I hope you can add that type of shortcuts commands.
30 May 2022   [#400] In reply to [#399]
BEV --> space bar = Bevel
BOO --> space bar = boolean

How is made the difference when you press the Space Bar ?
or you write first BEV then Press the Space Bar ?
or you Press the Space Bar then write BEV ?
or...
30 May 2022   [#401] In reply to [#399]
Hi pafurijaz,

re:
> Maybe the possibility to crate shortcuts commands like in Autocad or Rhinoceros?
> e.g.
>
> OF --> space bar = offset
> BEV --> space bar = Bevel
> BOO --> space bar = boolean
> BOU --> space bar = boolean union
> BOD --> space bar = boolean difference

The method that I was referring to was about using multiple keys in sequence without needing to push Enter or Space, like:

BD = Boolean difference
BU = Boolean union

The way you're talking about isn't so much a keyboard shortcut, it's a "command alias". You can make those
right now in MoI if you want, in moi.ini set:
[UI]
CommandLineTypeTextEntry=y
TreatSpaceAsEnter=y

The first one will make your keystrokes go into the XYZ input without needing to push Tab first and the second one
makes the space work the same as Enter.

Then create a script file of your alias name like if you want OF + space bar = offset to work, make a file named
of.js inside the MoI appdata commands folder and put this inside it:

moi.command.execCommand( 'offset' );

With that in place then you can type of + space bar to run the offset command just as you are describing.

- Michael
31 May 2022   [#402] In reply to [#401]
OK Micheal, thanks, I've already done a command with moi like what you suggested, but there is a way to make only one file with these alias without making many separated files?
Greetings
31 May 2022   [#403] In reply to [#402]
Hi pafurijaz,

> OK Micheal, thanks, I've already done a command with moi like what you suggested,
> but there is a way to make only one file with these alias without making many separated files?

No currently you would need to make a separate file for each alias.

- Michael
31 May 2022   [#404] In reply to [#401]
Hi,
I'm glad to see that my request is going through! (shortcuts with two letters)

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10114.81

-Zooen
1 Jun 2022   [#405]
Hi Micheal, for now I think is also great the option to have the possibility to use two consecutive keys, this can give us a lot of possibility.
Greetings
28 Jul 2022   [#406]
Hi Michael,

I hope your are doing well :-)

I've got a quick question for you, is there a way to have filled 2D shapes as a PDF when one saves as PDF? I mean I want to have filled 2D shapes on my PDF file and not just outlines.
Or Moi 3D already has this ability and I am not aware of?

Best,
Psygorn
28 Jul 2022   [#407] In reply to [#406]
Hi Psygorn, some of the parts of dimensions like arrowheads and text will be filled shapes in the exported PDF file but there isn't currently a way set up for a regular drawn curve to be filled. If you make a surface out of a closed curve, it will have a background image underneath though.

- Michael
29 Jul 2022   [#408] In reply to [#407]
Hi Michael,

Can I make a wish for such ability :-) ?

Best,
Psygorn
29 Jul 2022   [#409] In reply to [#408]
Hi Psygorn,

re:
> Can I make a wish for such ability :-) ?

Certainly, but it probably isn't going to happen in the near time frame.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-9  …  330-349  350-369  370-389  390-409  410-429  430-449  450-469  …