MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: 2D pdf Export problem

20 Dec 2020   [#1]
Good evening to all. Merry Christmas to all.

1) I would like to submit this issue that I have been working on now to Michael.
I'm trying to get a .pdf export (for laser engraving) out of this file with keeping mm units, I can't (it's always truncated). I've tried all the options: centering on the sheet, using a custom paper size. Nothing works. .I tried with a .dxf output, I lost the curves under Sketchup and several elements. I could not recover the .ai under the last version of Gimp2, it did not recognize it. I'm working with the beta version V4, maybe I should use v3 but I thought the export tool was the same... I still have a lot of fun working with MOI but I have to admit that I'm stuck now ...

2) Concerning .pdf export, i have notice dimensions lines are not exported. Is it ok ?

Thank you for your help, Pierre.

Attachments:
testSortie.3dm

20 Dec 2020   [#2] In reply to [#1]
No Problem all is there!
Take view Top
Just your model is 1 000 times too big! :)

20 Dec 2020   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hello pilou, thank you for your feed back.
I use to work with millimeters .... my dimensions lines are correct in mm ... Sorry, don't understand what you mean it isn 1000 times too big ? Maybe i'm too tired ...
20 Dec 2020   [#4] In reply to [#3]
When i load your file it's a spaceship above the grid! :)

20 Dec 2020   [#5] In reply to [#4]
I have enlarge the grid, always the problem with V4 ... i work with mm, the pdf export doesn't manage mm scale ?

Image Attachments:
Capturep.PNG 

20 Dec 2020   [#6] In reply to [#5]
You must define unities between drawing / Grid / Export scales parameters PDF...
so make some tryings ! ;)

In general it's not good to work directly in mm
Use no unity then at the end take the mm for print ... !
20 Dec 2020   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Indeed I can now frame the plan in the .pdf but I find that the procedure is do-it-yourself ... On the other hand, I still don't see the dimension lines visible on my .pdf file?
20 Dec 2020   [#8]
In definitve, I was working with the September v4 beta version which had a lot of problems with the export of files ... everything is ok now with the new V4 version .... I finally understood why I didn't understand what was proposed by pilou !

I'm happy the beta stage is going to finish now ..... :)
20 Dec 2020   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Why using the september version ??? :)

You must always use the last version!

Joyeux Noël! :)
20 Dec 2020   [#10] In reply to [#8]
There was some pdf problem, some sort of "truncation", for a v4 beta, back a version, or two. So definitely use the most recent beta!!!!! There are some posts, back a month or 2, or so.

- Brian
20 Dec 2020   [#11] In reply to [#8]
Bonjour Pierre, yes the PDF export was the last major area of work for v4 and these were some of the main things that were fixed up with it for the Oct-27 v4 beta release.

The v4 final release is coming up very soon, there are a few bug fixes since the Oct-27 beta so I will post a new v4 beta that should match the v4 final release.

- Michael
20 Dec 2020   [#12] In reply to [#10]
One of the problems was that it was centering on the upper-right corner of the page instead of the center of the page, and also dimensions didn't export. Both should be fixed in the current Oct-27 v4 beta release.

- Michael
21 Feb 2021   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Hi Michael. I was doing a small shop drawing for my father with the new dims (which are awesome!). When I select the dims and linework and export to a pdf file, I am not getting the dims on the output?

Jason
21 Feb 2021   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Hi Jason,

re:
> When I select the dims and linework and export to a pdf file, I am not
> getting the dims on the output?

Please check what version of MoI you are running. Dims export to PDF was one of the last features added and was implemented in the Oct-27-2020 v4 beta, if you're running a version older than that then that would be the problem.

You can get the last v4 beta at https://moi3d.com/beta.htm and also the v4 final version is out now as well.

If that wasn't the problem can you please post or e-mail (moi@moi3d.com) the .3dm model file with your dims in it that won't export?

- Michael