MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: booleans in latest V4 version are not clean

Show messages: All  1-8  9-17

22 Nov 2020   [#9] In reply to [#8]

22 Nov 2020   [#10]
Seam or not the seam that is the question! :)
23 Nov 2020   [#11]
Thank you all, it is clear to me now! it seams there was a seem problem anyway ;-)

wim
23 Nov 2020   [#12] In reply to [#11]
The Boolean had an issue, though it's been seamlessly steered towards a funny bone...

I seem to like that....
23 Nov 2020   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Although, i think my post was kindof misleading with the way i described it...

Michael DID give a description of what was causing the issue. It's NOT the seam edge.

I could "pole" the group to discover my mistake.

You could also rotate the spheres seam further into the base object and get good results too, so it's not really the "seam"...

But since we are making an avoidance move, i chose seam out, to get rid of the pesky rascal anyway....

Note to self.....
23 Nov 2020   [#14]
The more funny is that my solution of the Boolean Merge resolves all but you must make some manual clicks! :)
(2 in this special case)
23 Nov 2020   [#15] In reply to [#14]
That seems to indicate the code to pole what part to throw away, is where the issue lay...

(See what i did there!)
23 Nov 2020   [#16] In reply to [#15]
@BurrMan:

It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

¡¡ To be clear, I am NOT suggesting that anyone is a kleptomaniac !! (…its just a pun)
23 Nov 2020   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Lol, Mindset....

I DO want to have a good time and be light with everybody... but i also forget that i am in a multi national setting, and i don't always get my point across....

And google ruins it, because they have a thing called "translate", which is NOT a translator, but a simple and often incorrect word exchanger...

But i'v learned to live with it.... it causes me to Take things, literally!

Show messages: All  1-8  9-17