MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: View Manager Script

Show messages:  1-16  17-36  37-45

21 Sep 2022   [#37] In reply to [#36]
I wonder if the location where MOI 3.0 stores files like these is different than later versions? I created this using v4.0.
21 Sep 2022   [#38] In reply to [#34]
Hi Don, with the update to save/restore the "up" direction in addition to the camera and target point, this script now requires functionality that was added in for MoI v4 and won't work with MoI v3 anymore.

You can probably get it to work with v3 by changing the line in ViewManager.htm where the error is happening to this instead (removing the 3rd parameter):

code:
    vp.setCameraAndTarget(cameraPoint, targetPoint);

That will then work with v3 but will reintroduce the problem that if the view has any "tilt" rotation to it that will be lost.

- Michael
21 Sep 2022   [#39] In reply to [#37]
Hi Teddy,

re:
> I wonder if the location where MOI 3.0 stores files like these is different than later versions? I created this using v4.0.

Yes version 3 didn't support having commands in appdata, that was new for MoI v4.

- Michael
21 Sep 2022   [#40] In reply to [#38]
Thanks Michael. I couldn't remember when changes occurred, but that makes sense. I did use v4 while in beta, but I hadn't upgraded due to the fact I haven't been using the program much. Just today, however, I came across a new reason to use MoI but I am not sure I really need the view manager for what I am doing, I just thought I might.

I will give MoI a tip of the hat in my next Design Talk when it comes out as it has made my day with it's .eps import function from a 2D vector drawing program called Affinity Designer that doesn't have dxf or dwg export functions, which I would have typically used when I used Adobe Illustrator.

You know, every time I use MoI I am simply amazed at its capabilities and it ease of use. Keep up the great work! I should really just go ahead and update, even if it is only to show my support.

EDIT: I upgraded to v4. View Manager now works as expected. Thanks.
21 Sep 2022   [#41] In reply to [#40]
Hi Don, thanks very much for the upgrade and the kind words! :)

- Michael
21 Sep 2022   [#42] In reply to [#40]
You can also use the PDF format with Moi <--> Affinity Designer! ;)
27 Sep 2022   [#43] In reply to [#41]
Hi Michael,

I finished my new design talk. In it I give mention to MoI. If you don't feel like watching the whole video, I start the process of introducing Moi on slide 17, show it in 18 and wrap it up on 19.

Link to free-to-watch video:
https://youtu.be/FCsm8UZktus
27 Sep 2022   [#44] In reply to [#43]
Thanks very much Don!

- Michael
1 Oct 2022   [#45] In reply to [#43]
Hi Don,

Very Interesting,

Thank you

Show messages:  1-16  17-36  37-45