MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Oct-27-2020 available now

Show messages:  1-9  …  90-109  110-129  130-149  150-158

5 Dec 2020   [#150]
Hi Michael,

Here's a little regression, nothing very important, in the meshing option when exporting a file.
Emptying field like 'divide larger than' doesn't disable/reset the option anymore, you need to enter 0 to overwrite previous value and disable the feature.

I don't know if it's an intended behavior.
Sorry if it has already be reported.

Cheers.
5 Dec 2020   [#151] In reply to [#150]
Hi PaQ, thanks I can repeat the regression over here. It seems that the previous behavior of emptying a field generating a 0 result automatically was kind of a side effect from something else but I should be able to restore the behavior purposely now.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Michael
5 Dec 2020   [#152]
Arg I'm right now so frustrated. I opened Moi beta after a few months of not using it. It told me the beta version I had was outdated. I downloaded this one, everything went well and my shortcuts were working without issues when I opened it for the first time, but today I opened the program again and my ini file was overwritten with defaults and I lost all my shortcuts. Ahhh crap this sucks... I had so many things, took me forever to put together these shortcuts. Has anyone else experienced this?
5 Dec 2020   [#153] In reply to [#152]
Hi rolnxyz, I have not heard of any issues previously with the shortcuts spontaneously resetting.

Are you running on Windows? Try going to %appdata%\Moi and right-click on the moi.ini file there and choose "Properties". On there check the "Previous Versions" tab to see if there are any older versions saved from a previous Windows restore point backup.

That moi.ini file is where all that is saved, and that's also the file that would be good to save off to a backup if you have done a lot of customization.

- Michael

Message 10011.154 was deleted

5 Dec 2020   [#155] In reply to [#153]
I tried restore yesterday, and realized I don't have the backups enabled. I just enabled them. I thought it would take me forever to get all of them back, I've been working and searching in the forums every time I missed a shortcut, and I got, at least the important ones that I used all the time.

If I reproduce the issue again I'll let you know. The only thing I remember changing yesterday was the unit from being unitless to use inches in preferences. I had the shortcuts in %appdata%/Moi on windows 10.

Also, this is one of my favorite 3d programs, best ux. Thanks for all the hard work.
5 Dec 2020   [#156]
Maybe you have also pressed button "Restore Default" against "Close" (for validate) in Options / Shortcuts ?

@ Michael : maybe will be a good thing to place the alone button "Restore Default" on the left bottom opposite corner ?3 times!
for avoid this ! :) I have made it alas 2 or 3 times!
5 Dec 2020   [#157] In reply to [#156]
Hi Pilou, that's not a bad idea but pushing "Restore Defaults" pops up a dialog box and asks for confirmation, it doesn't do it immediately with just the one button press.

- Michael
5 Dec 2020   [#158] In reply to [#157]
Double security! ;)

Show messages:  1-9  …  90-109  110-129  130-149  150-158