MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Oct-27-2020 available now

Show messages:  1-20  …  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-158

19 Nov 2020   [#141] In reply to [#140]
Hi Ad, so for the drop-downs, the problem is that the regular <select> control has a default color built in to the base WebKit html.css .

So to fix that, inside moi.css find the base rule for <moi:Select> and <select> controls which looks like this:

code:
moi\:Select, select {
    -webkit-appearance:none;
    -webkit-box-sizing:border-box;
    -webkit-box-align:center;

white-space:pre;
	background-color:#2F2F2F;

margin:0;
    display:inline-block;

border:1px solid #686868;
	border-radius:2px;

font-size:90%;
}

and put in a color:inherit; in it so it looks like this (added at the end):

moi\:Select, select {
-webkit-appearance:none;
-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;
-webkit-box-align:center;

white-space:pre;
background-color:#2F2F2F;

margin:0;
display:inline-block;

border:1px solid #686868;
border-radius:2px;

font-size:90%;

color:inherit;
}

So one of the things that's a little bit off with this moi.css file is that it's based off of the .css for MoI version 3 so some of the things like the flex-box properties are not matched up right for v4 which is why a few things look weird. I'll see if I can tune it up.

For selected text, add in this which is also in the v4 moi.css file now:

/* Background and text colors for selected text in input fields */
::selection {
background-color:#5599FF;
color:white;
}

- Michael
19 Nov 2020   [#142] In reply to [#140]
Hi Ad, here is the moi-modo.css that has the flex-box properties set up for v4, that should fix things like dropdowns having space to the right of the down arrow button.

- Michael

Attachments:
moi.css

20 Nov 2020   [#143] In reply to [#142]
Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your support. I will try this shortly, but I'm sure it'll work just perfect.

Edited:
As expected, perfect :).
One more question in regards of color settings. I would like to change the highlight color for adding new Keybord Shortcut Keys (see screenshot). After I took the screenshot, I sampled the color and did a search for that RGB as well as HEX value in the moi.css file, but it was not there. So I asume this is another case where I need an "inherit" statement? Which section in the css would I have to modify?

Thanks again, and I'll promise I hold myself back now with more questions :).

Ad

Image Attachments:
screenshot-shortcut-keys.png 

20 Nov 2020   [#144] In reply to [#143]
Hi Ad,

re:
> I would like to change the highlight color for adding new Keybord Shortcut Keys (see screenshot).

That one is set up in a local style sheet in ShortcutKeysOptions.htm :

code:
			/* Color of selected row */
			.SelectedRow {
				background-color:#EBEBFF;
			}

So you can modify it there, or if you want to have it in moi.css it will need an !important so it overrides the one in the local style sheet.

- Michael
20 Nov 2020   [#145] In reply to [#144]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info. Haven't run across a locale css file, but I didn't dig around in the folders too much. I will try to locate it, otherwise I just add it to the moi.css. Yeah, I've seen the !important statements, now they make more sense. I'll give it a shot.

Ad
20 Nov 2020   [#146] In reply to [#145]
Hi Ad, the local css part is not a separate .css file, it's embedded in a <style> element at the top of the .htm file.

So for example that one is in a <style> element at the top of the ShortcutKeysOptions.htm file.

- Michael
21 Nov 2020   [#147]
Question about editable points - if they will be added to script environment ? v4/v5 ?
21 Nov 2020   [#148] In reply to [#147]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> Question about editable points - if they will be added to script environment ? v4/v5 ?

That's not going to make it in for v4 but I can put it in for v5 once the v5 beta process starts up.

- Michael
23 Nov 2020   [#149] In reply to [#146]
I already added the color option to the moi.css file, works fine. But thank you for pointing me in the right direction with the local css. Much appreciated.

Ad
5 Dec 2020   [#150]
Hi Michael,

Here's a little regression, nothing very important, in the meshing option when exporting a file.
Emptying field like 'divide larger than' doesn't disable/reset the option anymore, you need to enter 0 to overwrite previous value and disable the feature.

I don't know if it's an intended behavior.
Sorry if it has already be reported.

Cheers.
5 Dec 2020   [#151] In reply to [#150]
Hi PaQ, thanks I can repeat the regression over here. It seems that the previous behavior of emptying a field generating a 0 result automatically was kind of a side effect from something else but I should be able to restore the behavior purposely now.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Michael
5 Dec 2020   [#152]
Arg I'm right now so frustrated. I opened Moi beta after a few months of not using it. It told me the beta version I had was outdated. I downloaded this one, everything went well and my shortcuts were working without issues when I opened it for the first time, but today I opened the program again and my ini file was overwritten with defaults and I lost all my shortcuts. Ahhh crap this sucks... I had so many things, took me forever to put together these shortcuts. Has anyone else experienced this?
5 Dec 2020   [#153] In reply to [#152]
Hi rolnxyz, I have not heard of any issues previously with the shortcuts spontaneously resetting.

Are you running on Windows? Try going to %appdata%\Moi and right-click on the moi.ini file there and choose "Properties". On there check the "Previous Versions" tab to see if there are any older versions saved from a previous Windows restore point backup.

That moi.ini file is where all that is saved, and that's also the file that would be good to save off to a backup if you have done a lot of customization.

- Michael

Message 10011.154 was deleted

5 Dec 2020   [#155] In reply to [#153]
I tried restore yesterday, and realized I don't have the backups enabled. I just enabled them. I thought it would take me forever to get all of them back, I've been working and searching in the forums every time I missed a shortcut, and I got, at least the important ones that I used all the time.

If I reproduce the issue again I'll let you know. The only thing I remember changing yesterday was the unit from being unitless to use inches in preferences. I had the shortcuts in %appdata%/Moi on windows 10.

Also, this is one of my favorite 3d programs, best ux. Thanks for all the hard work.
5 Dec 2020   [#156]
Maybe you have also pressed button "Restore Default" against "Close" (for validate) in Options / Shortcuts ?

@ Michael : maybe will be a good thing to place the alone button "Restore Default" on the left bottom opposite corner ?3 times!
for avoid this ! :) I have made it alas 2 or 3 times!
5 Dec 2020   [#157] In reply to [#156]
Hi Pilou, that's not a bad idea but pushing "Restore Defaults" pops up a dialog box and asks for confirmation, it doesn't do it immediately with just the one button press.

- Michael
5 Dec 2020   [#158] In reply to [#157]
Double security! ;)

Show messages:  1-20  …  81-100  101-120  121-140  141-158