MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V4 beta Oct-27-2020 available now

Show messages:  1-19  …  80-99  100-119  120-139  140-158

19 Nov 2020   [#140] In reply to [#139]
Hi Michael,

Attached is the moi.css file. I renamed it to "moi-modo.css" only for the purpose to upload it. The file I use is still just "moi.css". I was also wondering where the highlight color settings are for active input fields, see attached screenshot. With the current color settings it is hard to see where the focus is.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out on that.

Ad

Attachments:
moi-modo.css

Image Attachments:
highlight-color.png 

19 Nov 2020   [#141] In reply to [#140]
Hi Ad, so for the drop-downs, the problem is that the regular <select> control has a default color built in to the base WebKit html.css .

So to fix that, inside moi.css find the base rule for <moi:Select> and <select> controls which looks like this:

code:
moi\:Select, select {
    -webkit-appearance:none;
    -webkit-box-sizing:border-box;
    -webkit-box-align:center;

white-space:pre;
	background-color:#2F2F2F;

margin:0;
    display:inline-block;

border:1px solid #686868;
	border-radius:2px;

font-size:90%;
}

and put in a color:inherit; in it so it looks like this (added at the end):

moi\:Select, select {
-webkit-appearance:none;
-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;
-webkit-box-align:center;

white-space:pre;
background-color:#2F2F2F;

margin:0;
display:inline-block;

border:1px solid #686868;
border-radius:2px;

font-size:90%;

color:inherit;
}

So one of the things that's a little bit off with this moi.css file is that it's based off of the .css for MoI version 3 so some of the things like the flex-box properties are not matched up right for v4 which is why a few things look weird. I'll see if I can tune it up.

For selected text, add in this which is also in the v4 moi.css file now:

/* Background and text colors for selected text in input fields */
::selection {
background-color:#5599FF;
color:white;
}

- Michael
19 Nov 2020   [#142] In reply to [#140]
Hi Ad, here is the moi-modo.css that has the flex-box properties set up for v4, that should fix things like dropdowns having space to the right of the down arrow button.

- Michael

Attachments:
moi.css

20 Nov 2020   [#143] In reply to [#142]
Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your support. I will try this shortly, but I'm sure it'll work just perfect.

Edited:
As expected, perfect :).
One more question in regards of color settings. I would like to change the highlight color for adding new Keybord Shortcut Keys (see screenshot). After I took the screenshot, I sampled the color and did a search for that RGB as well as HEX value in the moi.css file, but it was not there. So I asume this is another case where I need an "inherit" statement? Which section in the css would I have to modify?

Thanks again, and I'll promise I hold myself back now with more questions :).

Ad

Image Attachments:
screenshot-shortcut-keys.png 

20 Nov 2020   [#144] In reply to [#143]
Hi Ad,

re:
> I would like to change the highlight color for adding new Keybord Shortcut Keys (see screenshot).

That one is set up in a local style sheet in ShortcutKeysOptions.htm :

code:
			/* Color of selected row */
			.SelectedRow {
				background-color:#EBEBFF;
			}

So you can modify it there, or if you want to have it in moi.css it will need an !important so it overrides the one in the local style sheet.

- Michael
20 Nov 2020   [#145] In reply to [#144]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info. Haven't run across a locale css file, but I didn't dig around in the folders too much. I will try to locate it, otherwise I just add it to the moi.css. Yeah, I've seen the !important statements, now they make more sense. I'll give it a shot.

Ad
20 Nov 2020   [#146] In reply to [#145]
Hi Ad, the local css part is not a separate .css file, it's embedded in a <style> element at the top of the .htm file.

So for example that one is in a <style> element at the top of the ShortcutKeysOptions.htm file.

- Michael
21 Nov 2020   [#147]
Question about editable points - if they will be added to script environment ? v4/v5 ?
21 Nov 2020   [#148] In reply to [#147]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> Question about editable points - if they will be added to script environment ? v4/v5 ?

That's not going to make it in for v4 but I can put it in for v5 once the v5 beta process starts up.

- Michael
23 Nov 2020   [#149] In reply to [#146]
I already added the color option to the moi.css file, works fine. But thank you for pointing me in the right direction with the local css. Much appreciated.

Ad
5 Dec 2020   [#150]
Hi Michael,

Here's a little regression, nothing very important, in the meshing option when exporting a file.
Emptying field like 'divide larger than' doesn't disable/reset the option anymore, you need to enter 0 to overwrite previous value and disable the feature.

I don't know if it's an intended behavior.
Sorry if it has already be reported.

Cheers.
5 Dec 2020   [#151] In reply to [#150]
Hi PaQ, thanks I can repeat the regression over here. It seems that the previous behavior of emptying a field generating a 0 result automatically was kind of a side effect from something else but I should be able to restore the behavior purposely now.

Thanks for reporting it!

- Michael
5 Dec 2020   [#152]
Arg I'm right now so frustrated. I opened Moi beta after a few months of not using it. It told me the beta version I had was outdated. I downloaded this one, everything went well and my shortcuts were working without issues when I opened it for the first time, but today I opened the program again and my ini file was overwritten with defaults and I lost all my shortcuts. Ahhh crap this sucks... I had so many things, took me forever to put together these shortcuts. Has anyone else experienced this?
5 Dec 2020   [#153] In reply to [#152]
Hi rolnxyz, I have not heard of any issues previously with the shortcuts spontaneously resetting.

Are you running on Windows? Try going to %appdata%\Moi and right-click on the moi.ini file there and choose "Properties". On there check the "Previous Versions" tab to see if there are any older versions saved from a previous Windows restore point backup.

That moi.ini file is where all that is saved, and that's also the file that would be good to save off to a backup if you have done a lot of customization.

- Michael

Message 10011.154 was deleted

5 Dec 2020   [#155] In reply to [#153]
I tried restore yesterday, and realized I don't have the backups enabled. I just enabled them. I thought it would take me forever to get all of them back, I've been working and searching in the forums every time I missed a shortcut, and I got, at least the important ones that I used all the time.

If I reproduce the issue again I'll let you know. The only thing I remember changing yesterday was the unit from being unitless to use inches in preferences. I had the shortcuts in %appdata%/Moi on windows 10.

Also, this is one of my favorite 3d programs, best ux. Thanks for all the hard work.
5 Dec 2020   [#156]
Maybe you have also pressed button "Restore Default" against "Close" (for validate) in Options / Shortcuts ?

@ Michael : maybe will be a good thing to place the alone button "Restore Default" on the left bottom opposite corner ?3 times!
for avoid this ! :) I have made it alas 2 or 3 times!
5 Dec 2020   [#157] In reply to [#156]
Hi Pilou, that's not a bad idea but pushing "Restore Defaults" pops up a dialog box and asks for confirmation, it doesn't do it immediately with just the one button press.

- Michael
5 Dec 2020   [#158] In reply to [#157]
Double security! ;)

Show messages:  1-19  …  80-99  100-119  120-139  140-158