MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Disappearing Objects after restart

Show messages: All  1-2  3-9

25 Oct 2020   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Gessela, are the objects possibly hidden? If so they can be shown using the Edit > Hide button.

If that's not it can you please send me the .3dm model file that you saved? If you don't want to post it here you can e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com .

- Michael

Message 10007.4 was deleted

26 Oct 2020   [#5]
Thanks for replying.

@Michael
I'll see if I can email you the 3dm file.
The objects are not hidden, they're gone both from the screen and the object menu.

@Bemfarmer
I'm not trying to recover the objs, I have them already. The projects are open and closed in 3dm.
I only mentioned the obj export to illustrate that everything was in working order before closing the project.

thanks again-
26 Oct 2020   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Gessela, so as I wrote in e-mail the problem is making a .3dm file that is over 2GB in size. Currently you should avoid making such a gigantic sized file.

But in the next v4 beta there will be an option in moi.ini where you will be able to set MoI to make a Rhino version 5 .3dm file instead of the default version 4 .3dm file. Rhino v4 .3dm files have a 32-bit limit on the size of any one individual chunk.

- Michael
26 Oct 2020   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Thank you very much for the help.
18 Dec 2022   [#8] In reply to [#6]
I have the same problem and my 3dm file is only 6mb. There is a model I made yesterday and the saved but today the model is gone, so many hours wasted and not the first time.
18 Dec 2022   [#9] In reply to [#8]
re:

> There is a model I made yesterday and the saved but today the model is gone,
> so many hours wasted and not the first time.

Can you please send the.3dm file to me at moi@moi3d.com so i can take a look?

Thanks, - Michael

Show messages: All  1-2  3-9