MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Disappearing Objects after restart

25 Oct 2020   [#1]
Objects have been disappearing from my project after I've exited and restarted MOI.
Project was saved before closing MOI. Disappeared object was solid and exported as an obj before closing MOI.

Is there any way to recover these objects. thanks-

Message 10007.2 was deleted

25 Oct 2020   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi Gessela, are the objects possibly hidden? If so they can be shown using the Edit > Hide button.

If that's not it can you please send me the .3dm model file that you saved? If you don't want to post it here you can e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com .

- Michael

Message 10007.4 was deleted

26 Oct 2020   [#5]
Thanks for replying.

@Michael
I'll see if I can email you the 3dm file.
The objects are not hidden, they're gone both from the screen and the object menu.

@Bemfarmer
I'm not trying to recover the objs, I have them already. The projects are open and closed in 3dm.
I only mentioned the obj export to illustrate that everything was in working order before closing the project.

thanks again-
26 Oct 2020   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Hi Gessela, so as I wrote in e-mail the problem is making a .3dm file that is over 2GB in size. Currently you should avoid making such a gigantic sized file.

But in the next v4 beta there will be an option in moi.ini where you will be able to set MoI to make a Rhino version 5 .3dm file instead of the default version 4 .3dm file. Rhino v4 .3dm files have a 32-bit limit on the size of any one individual chunk.

- Michael
26 Oct 2020   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Thank you very much for the help.
18 Dec 2022   [#8] In reply to [#6]
I have the same problem and my 3dm file is only 6mb. There is a model I made yesterday and the saved but today the model is gone, so many hours wasted and not the first time.
18 Dec 2022   [#9] In reply to [#8]
re:

> There is a model I made yesterday and the saved but today the model is gone,
> so many hours wasted and not the first time.

Can you please send the.3dm file to me at moi@moi3d.com so i can take a look?

Thanks, - Michael