MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Workaround for Linux Nvidia users

Show messages:  1-13  14-22

24 Sep 2020   [#14] In reply to [#13]
Nevemind, even if the selection was fixed, exporting heavy asset is like 25x slower than native windows, I don't think multi-threading is that well supported with wine.
24 Sep 2020   [#15] In reply to [#14]
Previous version(s) was more speed ?
25 Sep 2020   [#16] In reply to [#15]
No idea Pilou, I remember having MoI working with Mint long time ago (different hardware), but I didn't tried to load/export 'complex' stuffs.

Actually I don't remember MoI loading models that fast on windows either, a 450Mb .3dm loaded in 4 sec with the last beta ... it's insane :)
25 Sep 2020   [#17] In reply to [#16]
Hi PaQ,

re:
> a 450Mb .3dm loaded in 4 sec with the last beta ... it's insane :)

Not bad! :) That will be from the new parallelized loader in v4, it's able to chew on processing objects using multiple CPU cores.

- Michael
28 May 2022   [#18]
Hi,

I have an annoying problem that I can't solve. When I create a box and click on the surface it selects the surface behind the box.

How can fix that? MoiV4/V5
28 May 2022   [#19] In reply to [#18]
Hi surferdude, what operating system are you running on?

- Michael
28 May 2022   [#20] In reply to [#19]
Hi Michael,

I'm using Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS, I'm learning Linux. Would be great to have Moi on Linux as well, I'm okay with Wine.
28 May 2022   [#21] In reply to [#20]
Hi surferdude, did you try setting the __GL_MaxFramesAllowed=1 environment variable as described in the first post of this thread? :
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9373.1

Another thing you could try is going to moi.ini (Options > General > "Edit .ini file" button), and in the [View] section, find the entry for GraphicsAPI=Auto and experiment with setting it to GraphicsAPI=Direct3D11 , GraphicsAPI=OpenGL and on v5 GraphicsAPI=Direct3D9 .

Possibly one of those may work better.

Usually selection problems with click selecting means something is going wrong with texture read back from the video card. If you have any driver settings that you may have set to force anti-aliasing to be on also try turning that off.

- Michael
28 May 2022   [#22] In reply to [#21]
Thank you Michael! A combination of these settings helped. export __GL_MaxFramesAllowed=1 and GraphicsAPI=OpenGL

(Edit- Sometimes it works)

Direct3D9 also works but shows every model in black, overall it feels faster than OpenGL. Would be great to have this feature in the future.

Show messages:  1-13  14-22