MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-5  …  226-245  246-265  266-285  286-305  306-325  326-345  346-365  366-372

26 May 2021   [#286]
ohayo !
Wanna ask if in cad is such thing like keep same edge fillet distance (similar to subd will be bevel). I know there's pipe and cut, blend surfaces, but can this be done automatically ?
left - current fillet, right- desired

Image Attachments:
bevel.png 

26 May 2021   [#287] In reply to [#286]
Hi Tudor, try the "constant distance" type fillet shape.

The regular one called a "rolling ball" fillet generates arcs all of the same radius, with the arc length being longer or shorter depending on the angle between surfaces.

The constant distance method makes the fillet rails to be a given distance apart from each other instead.

- Michael
27 May 2021   [#288]
it very often fails
27 May 2021   [#289] In reply to [#288]
Hi Tudor, yes unfortunately it's a pretty buggy area in the geometry library. It should work on the type of case that you showed though:

- Michael

Image Attachments:
tudor_const_dist.jpg 

14 Jul 2021   [#290]
ohayo
curves/lines -> merge. It should cut objects like one with circle, it doesn't

Attachments:
w.3dm

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_1.png 

14 Jul 2021   [#291] In reply to [#290]
Hi Tudor, boolean difference seems to do what you want on #3 and #4, but seems to be buggy on #1 and #2, I'll put it on my list to investigate.

- Michael
17 Jul 2021   [#292]
is it possible when exporting to have a specific folder(now it exports at saved file location) ?
17 Jul 2021   [#293] In reply to [#292]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> is it possible when exporting to have a specific folder(now it exports at saved file location) ?

Sorry I don't understand the question, can you please describe it with a little more detail?

Thanks, - Michael
18 Jul 2021   [#294]
let's say I have folder on c:/moi_proj where are all moi projects
& have second - bridge folder, that will be on d:/bridge
moi now is configured to save & exports at same file location, and it will be on c:/moi_proj
i'm asking for export location folder → d:/bridge, or even further export by last export type format(fbx/step) → that will be d:/bridge/fbx or d:/bridge/step
18 Jul 2021   [#295] In reply to [#294]
Hi Tudor, the way it works now is that if you do a "SaveAs", and there is a file currently open, it will start in the folder where that file is at.

If you do an Export or a "SaveAs" without any current active file opened, then it will start in the directory that a file dialog was last used in.

> i'm asking for export location folder → d:/bridge, or even further export by last export
> type format(fbx/step) → that will be d:/bridge/fbx or d:/bridge/step

There isn't a good way to do this currently but I will see about adding in a method to make it possible to have a keyboard shortcut script that would make the file dialog start in a specific directory.

- Michael
19 Jul 2021   [#296]
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8665.141
earlier idea for moi, realization in blender -> intuitive
moi doesn't have pie menu, but it could have some after shortcuts, s for align, and s + w -> top , s + d -> right, s +a -> left, s + s -> down
ps: i wans't in blender when i've posted
in blender it's must to have for hard surface, anyway up to scripting moi's "point's scriptable" won't be reason to implement
19 Jul 2021   [#297]
some futures that i'd like to have inside moi
towards 2d workflow*
recently i was studying marvelous designer & captures will be from there
fillets/chamfers - at least 2d should be interactive
1. fillets radius - awesome visualization, ai should be similar

Image Attachments:
2d_fillet_radius.gif 

19 Jul 2021   [#298]
another awesome future ! MD
smooth curve - could be applied to any closed curve
select 2 points, select part that u wanna cut, adjust curvature

Image Attachments:
smooth_curve.gif 

Message 8665.299 was deleted

19 Jul 2021   [#300] In reply to [#298]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> another awesome future ! MD
> smooth curve - could be applied to any closed curve
> select 2 points, select part that u wanna cut, adjust curvature

If you want a smooth curve it's kind of strange to start out with a rectangle instead of just drawing a smooth curve right from the start.

But you can do something similar in Moi if you want, draw in a line, use the Trim command cut away the part you don't want, then use Edit > Add pt to add a point to the middle of the line and turn on edit points and adjust the point.

Adding in a special tool to do that would not be good, that's exactly how bloat happens.

I do have some ideas for having different draw modes to make draw commands intersect and cut away pieces without needing to do a separate Trim step.

- Michael
20 Jul 2021   [#301]
mb it was such a script made, polyline with offset, wanna combine in polyline option (pressing O)
20 Jul 2021   [#302]
PolyCut updated, solved random issues
select one curve/solid - run the script
will change perspective to isometric
1. for solids/breps -> works in all views
2. curves - only in orto (moi doesn't perform booleans of random plane/frame curves)
right click to close the curve, or u can close manually

Attachments:
_PolyCut.htm
_PolyCut.js

20 Jul 2021   [#303]
select last created is not working after deleting any object
20 Jul 2021   [#304] In reply to [#303]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> select last created is not working after deleting any object

Yes that's normal. Select last created (by using moi.geometryDatabase.selectLastCreated();) selects whatever geometry was created by the last run command.

When you run the Delete command, that becomes the last run command and so then select last created will select whatever was created by the Delete command which will be nothing if you deleted an entire object, but other cases like the result of deleting only some faces or control points will be selected.

- Michael
27 Jul 2021   [#305]
any tips how to use shrink trimmed surface, or where it can be used ?

Show messages:  1-5  …  226-245  246-265  266-285  286-305  306-325  326-345  346-365  366-372