MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-18  …  99-118  119-138  139-158  159-178  179-198  199-218  219-238  …  359-372

8 Jul 2020   [#159]
how can i get difference between parallel frames ?
8 Jul 2020   [#160] In reply to [#159]
Hi Tudor,

> how can i get difference between parallel frames ?

Do you mean the difference in the origin points between 2 coordinate frames?

That would be like this:

var dx = FrameB.origin.x - FrameA.origin.x;
var dy = FrameB.origin.y - FrameA.origin.y;
var dz = FrameB.origin.z - FrameA.origin.z;

- Michael
9 Jul 2020   [#161]
between parallels - similar to distance of projection of 1 pt from 1 frame to another
9 Jul 2020   [#162] In reply to [#161]
Hi Tudor, sorry it's not clear to me what you're trying to do.

If it's something like transforming the coordinates of a point in global x,y,z coordinates into coordinates relative to a frame, that would be like this:

var local_x = frame.distancex( pt );
var local_y = frame.distancey( pt );
var local_z = frame.distancez( pt );

The .distancex, .distancey, and .distancez functions on a coordinate frame return the distance of a point in world coordinates along the x, y, or z axis direction planes of the frame.

If that's not it then I need a clearer description of what you're trying to do, it's hard to figure out what you're asking about if you don't provide some more details.

- Michael
9 Jul 2020   [#163]
bool operations of standalone curves that have different frames but are parallel to each other (ex circle at 0 0 0 and another at 1 1 1) -> to apply a move to second group(for difference will be subtract objectgroup) & do the bool
9 Jul 2020   [#164]
rect3pts with center

Attachments:
RectCenter3pt.htm
RectCenter3pt.js

9 Jul 2020   [#165] In reply to [#163]
Hi Tudor,

> bool operations of standalone curves that have different frames but are parallel to each other
> (ex circle at 0 0 0 and another at 1 1 1) -> to apply a move to second group(for difference
> will be subtract objectgroup) & do the bool

Is this something that you're trying to script? Can you show an example of the input objects and the result you are trying to make?

- Michael
9 Jul 2020   [#166]
scene browser - objects are named
there is a solution - to create laaaaarge plane - and second group of objects to drop a point on this plane(project), and apply a move
mb is another solution

Attachments:
bool_scene.3dm

9 Jul 2020   [#167]
another script that i'm trying to work on is trim a segment or cut a segment from a curve
the problem that i'm conflicting is that i have todo a separate object - commit and later choose from sepFactory
I dont know what objects are created after commiting, or how can I set a variable to them ! sepFactory.commit().lenght = 0
what's happening after a commit ?
9 Jul 2020   [#168] In reply to [#166]
Hi Tudor,

> scene browser - objects are named
> there is a solution - to create laaaaarge plane - and second group of objects to drop a point on this
> plane(project), and apply a move mb is another solution

Ok, if you have a solution what do you need? Is there a question you have about this?

- Michael
9 Jul 2020   [#169] In reply to [#167]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> what's happening after a commit ?

A .commit() is expected to be the last thing that is called on a factory, it is a signal to MoI that the work being done for the factory with updating different inputs is all finished.

If you want to get the objects that will be generated, you can instead call .update() and then .getCreatedObjects(). Or it is also possible to call .calculate() which will generate the result and return it as an object list without adding it in to the geometry database like usually happens in regular commands with .update()/.commit()/.cancel() .

- Michael
9 Jul 2020   [#170]
All these Scripts (?) are they on a same place ? (Sites...)
9 Jul 2020   [#171]
thanks ! found also older posts by u'r recommendations
Trim hotkeys
t - trim add point
s - trim single segment (~ if u click wrong object it will delete that object -> there are no restriction to object selection)

Attachments:
Trim.js

9 Jul 2020   [#172] In reply to [#170]
single person trying to understand moi in depth - yes
mb later will open a git for scripts
don't like multiple theme option
9 Jul 2020   [#173] In reply to [#172]
Thanks for the infos!

Message 8665.174 was deleted

10 Jul 2020   [#175]
i'm messing with bool operations difference operations to see all the states for curves
so ~ there's a glitch
on a shape like this with keep objects will delete 'baseobjects'

Attachments:
bool_tests1.3dm

Image Attachments:
Screenshot_21.png 

10 Jul 2020   [#176] In reply to [#175]
Hi Tudor, yes the curve booleans can get confused if you do a boolean between an open curve and a closed curve like that.

You can do an open curves as the base object and a closed curve as the cutter but a closed curve as the base object and an open curve as the cutter will tend to make some weird results. I would recommend to avoid using that combination.

- Michael

Message 8665.177 was deleted

16 Jul 2020   [#178]
Hi Michael !

I have a dream ))
Editpoints manipulation in 3dSpace if not snapped-> dragging -> http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8665.117
toogle option
1. accordingly to the 3d view drag should change grid orientation : xy,xz,yz based on pickedpoint drag start position (similar to http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8665.141)
2. view frame moi.ui.getActiveViewport().targetFrame

I've tried move command - but it requires to many actions for manipulation (for each -> select, move, axis or frame, drag)
this way we won't be snapped to orto views

about
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8665.142 - only on init - we can cancel align and do new one if camera changes

Show messages:  1-18  …  99-118  119-138  139-158  159-178  179-198  199-218  219-238  …  359-372