MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Lots of unkown

Show messages:  1-14  …  55-74  75-94  95-114  115-134  135-154  155-174  175-194  …  355-372

26 Jun 2020   [#115]
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8665.92
move + a
*about history, I dont have enough time to go deep into it, I thought will be welcome some kind of history - *Notes
*smallest fillets i'll work on it more, found some scripts and posts on v4 version that might help - curve explorer and ordered curves
*point position - yes, x,y,z somewhere in moi explorer without scripting
*about normals - seems smt new to v4, like it, when offsetting u getting notification of a normal plane to extrude ~ it's the same as perpendicular to a point, normals for me sounds more familiar - was searching for that terminology

some more that i'm interested
moi htlm functions if there's a collection of them - aka moi:options; moi:text; moi:Numeric .. so on
hidden moi factories xD discovered that arrow and might be others same category (aka - dimensions arrowhead)

wishes
ctrl clone -> to pick last duplicate todo modifications - as an option ? often it comes that i have to change position/size so on
there's a script
script:var a = moi.command.lastCommandRevisionStart; var b = moi.command.lastCommandRevisionEnd; var objects = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects(); for ( var i = 0; i < objects.length; ++i ) { var obj = objects.item(i); if ( obj.databaseRevision> a && obj.databaseRevision <= b ) obj.selected = true; }
I dont understand it - doesn't respond to ctrl clone/dublicate as well - only to scripts ?

~ buggy
alt + right click - shouldn't repeat last command -> It's supposed to be zoom

and Thanks !
26 Jun 2020   [#116] In reply to [#115]
Hi Tudor, sorry it's hard for me to follow what parts you are just describing and what parts you are asking questions about.

re:
> http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8665.92
> move + a

It seems to be working ok over here - I push a when picking the target point and it then tracks along the view plane. Can you tell me what steps you are using where you're seeing a problem?

> moi htlm functions if there's a collection of them - aka moi:options; moi:text; moi:Numeric .. so on

There isn't any documentation for these currently, sorry. But if you have questions about a particular one I can tell you about it. For <moi:option> that's like a regular HTML <option> except it gets the inner text to display by a textid="" value that is looked up from the current language's string table.

<moi:Text> is like a <span> tag but it fills in its text by the given textid="" value looked up from the current language's string table.

<moi:NumericInput> is similar to an HTML <input> but for numeric values.

re:
> wishes
> ctrl clone -> to pick last duplicate todo modifications - as an option ? often it comes that i have to change position/size so on
> <...>
> I dont understand it - doesn't respond to ctrl clone/dublicate as well - only to scripts ?

Hmm, yes it's because object dragging doesn't run as a regular command does and so it's missing some of the setup/cleanup type things that happen with regular commands. I'll see about fixing this.

> ~ buggy
> alt + right click - shouldn't repeat last command -> It's supposed to be zoom

Any right click will repeat the last command, (or push the "Done" button if that is visible), it's only an Alt + Right drag that does a zoom, not a click without dragging.

- Michael
28 Jun 2020   [#117]
O hayo !
used same script
I'll give a preview as file
It should act like viewport cplane

Attachments:
target_frame.3dm
target_frame.3dm

Image Attachments:
tt4.gif 

28 Jun 2020   [#118] In reply to [#117]
Hi Tudor, and when are you pushing the 'a' key to trigger your restrict to the view plane? Your code only handles it for the second point pick.

- Michael

Message 8665.119 was deleted

28 Jun 2020   [#120]
thanks ! I was missing ordering !
1 Jul 2020   [#121]
I know in config it's possible to turn project orto, is it possible to script toogle without restarting ?
1 Jul 2020   [#122] In reply to [#121]
Hi Tudor, do you mean this setting in moi.ini ? :

ProjectOsnapsInOrthoViews=y

That property can be set by script at runtime at moi.drawingAids.objectSnapProjectInOrthoViews so to toggle it try this:

moi.drawingAids.objectSnapProjectInOrthoViews = !moi.drawingAids.objectSnapProjectInOrthoViews;

- Michael
1 Jul 2020   [#123] In reply to [#122]
DisableOnSrfInOrtho
1 Jul 2020   [#124] In reply to [#123]
Hi Tudor, the runtime script property for that one is moi.drawingAids.disableOnSrfInOrtho

- Michael
2 Jul 2020   [#125]
Thanks !
script: /* SurfaceInOrtho */ moi.drawingAids.disableOnSrfInOrtho = !moi.drawingAids.disableOnSrfInOrtho

Message 8665.126 was deleted

2 Jul 2020   [#127]
Align Hotkeys
w - top
s - bottom
a - left
d - right
q - Vertical Center
e - Horizontal Center

Attachments:
Align.js

2 Jul 2020   [#128]
wanna improve the align script !
my question is how do i get pointpicker.basept(or value of pointpicker after alignment without clicking) when I'm pressing second hotkey ( let's say I've aligned top, now I need right side -> not to run script twice )
2 Jul 2020   [#129] In reply to [#128]
Hi Tudor, the current point for the pointpicker can be accessed using the .pt property on it.

There is also a .cplane property for getting the construction plane (the grid plane) for the pick, and also .ptframe for getting a coordinate frame with its origin at the current point and the frame's axes in the cplane directions.

- Michael
2 Jul 2020   [#130]
is that if clicked?
anything without clicking ? cuz if I click something, scripts ends it's action
otherworlds I need current pointposition without click

if (!wasAnyHotkey) {
moi.command.setOption( 'AlignMode', 'VerticalLeft' );
factory.setInput( 2, 'VerticalLeft' );
factory.update();
wasAnyHotkey = true;
}
else {
//here i need help !
pointpicker.pt = pointpicker.ptframe.origin ;
factory.commit();
DoAlign();
}
2 Jul 2020   [#131] In reply to [#130]
Hi Tudor,

re:
> is that if clicked?

No, it's available anytime the pointpicker has been able to get a point, like with mousemove.

> cuz if I click something, scripts ends it's action

Yes, that's how the regular Align command is supposed to work. When you click a point a 'finished' event will be triggered, and this part of the script exits the even loop when it sees that;

code:
	while ( 1 )
	{
		if ( !pointpicker.waitForEvent() )
			return;

>>>		if ( pointpicker.event == 'finished' )
>>>			break;

If you don't want the script to end when a point is clicked you would want to modify what it does with the 'finished' event, like ignore it.

- Michael
3 Jul 2020   [#132]
Thanks Michael

Align Hotkeys
w - top
s - bottom
a - left
d - right
q - Vertical Center
e - Horizontal Center
added
align corners
ex: w+a/w+d/s+a/s+d

Attachments:
underTest_Align.js

4 Jul 2020   [#133]
based on
https://github.com/arekm/rsdoc-to-sat

Convert DesignSpark Mechanical DSM rsdoc file to sat file which can be loaded into MoI3d
Installation -> python3

drag & drop rsdoc file(s) onto rsdoc-to-sat.py file
.sat file(s) will appear in the same directory as rsdoc file(s).

author went via winreg path, i've changed path inside script to full path ~
inside script change path of sabsat to full path of SabSatConverter.exe (it comes with full DSM installation)
~
sabsat = "C:\\Program Files\\DesignSpark\\DesignSpark Mechanical 4.0\\SabSatConverter.exe"
~

Attachments:
rsdoc-to-sat.py

4 Jul 2020   [#134]
o hayo !
v4 new future crv.evaluateCurvature
I'm thinking about script for edge loop up to ~ broken curvature on a brep (on curve will be a sharp corner)
if i'm extracting curves, how shall i transfer back to edges ?

Show messages:  1-14  …  55-74  75-94  95-114  115-134  135-154  155-174  175-194  …  355-372