MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Parametric design in MoI?

Show messages:  1-16  …  137-156  157-176  177-196  197-216  217-236  237-256  257-276  …  897-912

24 Apr 2016   [#197]
Hi Max,
many thanks it's great.
Barry
24 Apr 2016   [#198] In reply to [#190]
Karsten,

""""""""""""after a quick test - excellent! Everything seems to work. Another Masterpiece!""""""""""""""""""

Apparently all your existing nodes need to be re-written?

They all error out for me on new node system. Just to be clear.
24 Apr 2016   [#199] In reply to [#198]
Hello BurrMan,

that's correct. Most of the nodes has to be rewritten or need an update - so I started allready. And yes - everything in the new beta seems to work:-)

At the moment I study Max code - especially the pointarray and the frames. The changes here, are the most important at the moment, to get the nodes work.

Have a nice day
Karsten
28 Apr 2016   [#200]
I've been gone a long while...so I'm a bit confused...is this the "official" path for parametric in Moi3d?
28 Apr 2016   [#201]
Waiting the complete rewriting for made the new French Version! ;)
28 Apr 2016   [#202] In reply to [#200]
Hi TwinSnakes,

> I've been gone a long while...so I'm a bit confused...is this the "official"
> path for parametric in Moi3d?

In the future I would like to implement history based parametrics in MoI, it would be a little different than this method. But Max's system is something you can use now if you want to build a procedural model. I'm not sure when a deeper history based system will get implemented for MoI, there is still a lot of work I want to do to improve other areas first.

- Michael
2 May 2016   [#203]
v.0.5

- added Get objects nodes (Get objects by name, Get objects by style, Get selected objects)
- added ObjBoolean nodes (thanks to Karsten)
- added few array/construct/transform nodes
- made some enhancements in the core code

I made new version of Karsten's Motor demo. Now it looks much simpler than before.

2 May 2016   [#204]
Elephant the big return!
2 May 2016   [#205]
Hi Max,
I'm using the maths array to get a grid type array.
To get the desired centres I adjust the umax/vmax based on the Unum/vnum inputs.
Is it possible to have the umax/vmax accessible by inputs or is there another way to do
this type of array ?
Thanks
Barry

Image Attachments:
Array.png 

2 May 2016   [#206] In reply to [#205]
Hi Barry,
replace /nodes/arrays.js with attached file.

In fact I don't like nodes with large amount of inputs. Later I'll write a new version of this node. I need to find an optimal way to solve this problem.
2 May 2016   [#207] In reply to [#206]
Hi Max;

Great Job! as usual. As a suggestion may be creating other nodes ( Domain nodes ) will eliminate cluttering the nodes with too many inputs (see attached example from Grasshopper).

Thanks,
-Sharif

Image Attachments:
Domains.png 

2 May 2016   [#208] In reply to [#207]
Great suggestion Sharif.

A possibly simpler alternative would be to allow range fields to accept variables as shown.

-James

Image Attachments:
rangeVariables.gif 

3 May 2016   [#209] In reply to [#203]
Hello Max,

looks really great! The@'y'@ becomes more and more an powerful and easy to use tool. At the moment, I try to implement the pushFrame-function. Reverse/evaluate the Euler-Angles drives me crazy. RX, RY are working good (after a lot of failures) - and so, every time I think - I got it also with RZ - the axes flips or the angle turns the direction:-( I will post the code next time - maybe someone will have a good idea.

Have a nice day
Karsten
3 May 2016   [#210]
Hi Max,
Thanks for modifying the array.
I understand what you mean about keeping the inputs to a minimum.
I was thinking the same as James ( being able to add a variable into those fields )
That way inputs would only be added when required.
Anyway again many thanks.
Barry
3 May 2016   [#211]
Does the dictionnary multi-languages is running like the old one ?

(because seems not running now ! )
I have changed the "EN" to "FR" and add the French dictionnary with good syntax, run Moi In French but...all stay in English!
Not yet tranlated anything except the core/lang.js --- does this explain that ?
Seems Nodes must be translated !

Motor's animation runs fine!

PS A number of version, and name of the file node used will be fine somewhere in the Node Editor Screen!
3 May 2016   [#212] In reply to [#210]
I like the idea of optional inputs.
I find the idea of using variables for them okay, but not 100% straight forward.
Grasshopper has it on some nodes that if you zoom in deeper, you can activate additional inputs.
Usine, a node based audio application has three interface states for nodes: "Collapsed" (no inputs visible, all wires go to one visual port, node is as small as possible), "Used Inputs" (only the most important inputs and those actually in use are visible) and "All" (all available inputs are visible). So you can noodle away with all inputs visible and then collapse to one of the two other states later.
I could also imagine that you could "activate" a field as input in the inspector GUI.

Cheers,

Tom
3 May 2016   [#213]
Hi guys :)

Sharif
Good idea, I'll think about it later. Not now.

James
>>A possibly simpler alternative would be to allow range fields to accept variables as shown.
I thought about it. At first I need to check a performance of this node. If implementation of this feature will not lower an overall performance, I'll add it.

Karsten
>> At the moment, I try to implement the pushFrame-function
Yes, it's not as easy as it looks. :) I also wrote RX RY reverse transformation in the SphereArray node. Need to think about RZ.

Pilou
>>I have changed the "EN" to "FR" and add the French dictionnary with good syntax, run Moi In French but...all stay in English!
change lang.set("EN") line in index.html file

Tom
>>a node based audio application has three interface states for nodes: "Collapsed" ... "Used Inputs" .. and "All"
I like this! It will not so easy to implement, but I'll try it.
3 May 2016   [#214] In reply to [#213]
<< change lang.set("EN") line in index.html file
Seems not sufficient! "FR" same result! :)
3 May 2016   [#215] In reply to [#214]
Just checked it. Works good. Send your translation file to me.

3 May 2016   [#216]
Animation is progessing!

@Max here the
File lang.js with "EN", but put "FR" change nothing even input "FR" inside the Index.html !
lang.set("FR");
https://we.tl/dNcE2OGmpu valuable till 10 / May / 2016

Show messages:  1-16  …  137-156  157-176  177-196  197-216  217-236  237-256  257-276  …  897-912