MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Polygonal Converter.

Show messages:  1-3  …  224-243  244-263  264-283  284-303  304-323  324-343  344-363  …

28 Mar 2015   [#284] In reply to [#283]
really nice work Max !!!
28 Mar 2015   [#285]
very nice!! amazing. Thanks for taking time to work on this new plugin.
28 Mar 2015   [#286]
Very very cool ! Bravo!

but you don't answer me about an automatic selection of all new faces "Splited" at the end of the sSplit function?
28 Mar 2015   [#287]
Thank you Max - these tools keep getting better.

Can you explain usage of the Repeat check box on the latest Split tool?

I get stuck with an dialog box that I can't close, saying to pick an edge or a face, even though I already have a selection.

Ed Ferguson
28 Mar 2015   [#288] In reply to [#286]
Frenchy Pilou
>>but you don't answer me about an automatic selection
Forgot about this. Sorry :)
When you asked me I tried to do this, but I couldn't done it successfully :(
When MoI joins separated parts it changes ID's of the faces. So I can't find which faces are new created.
At the moment I know only way to do it: create a new style. assign it to a new faces. join surfaces. restore selection. revert styles.
It will work, but I don't like this method.
I think we should ask Michael about this :)
28 Mar 2015   [#289] In reply to [#287]
Hi Ed

>>Can you explain usage of the Repeat check box on the latest Split tool?
I can't explain because my script doesn't use it :)
added "norepeat noautolaunch" key to disable it.
script reuploaded.
28 Mar 2015   [#290] In reply to [#288]
No problem :)
We shall make some clicks more! ;)
...and waiting some Michael's tricks :)

Ps I will start in a second the Last Max Plugins' versions! :)
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=7320.1
28 Mar 2015   [#291]
In Plugin Subdivision what is the use of the View Control Points
as we can't select them! ?

28 Mar 2015   [#292] In reply to [#288]
Hi Max,

> When MoI joins separated parts it changes ID's of the faces. So I can't find
> which faces are new created.

Yeah that's just basically how ID values work - they are basically tied to a specific version of an object. When an object is edited in any way, the new objects generated from that then have their own new ID values as well.

Maybe instead of setting up a style to track it you could assign object names to the faces you want to track, I think they should persist across the separate as well.

- Michael
28 Mar 2015   [#293] In reply to [#291]
""""""""In Plugin Subdivision what is the use of the View Control Points
as we can't select them! ?"""""""""

You can preview the point structure you are making. One of the unique things about max's script is it will generate "solids" that will show their points, like a revolve object does....
29 Mar 2015   [#294]
Impressive work Max, thanks for sharing :)
31 Mar 2015   [#295]
How in the heck did I miss this! This is an awesome set of tools Max!

I can't wait to see you future progress with the sub-d tool in Moi.

Two things I'd be interested in:
1) A way to sub-D with an open face. The perimeter around the open face staying pretty much static except for it's own division.
For an example, if you divided a cube with a missing face, you would end up with sort of a cup shape.
2) If only there was a way to take existing Moi multi-surface solids and convert them into polygonal structures much like the .obj export works, except in a live manner that allows for sub-D to work on it.
In effect a melty tool for an existing Moi object.

But what do I know? My head is spinning of the possibilities of incorporating some pseudo organic character into any Moi model. ...it's like a teaser T-spline.
31 Mar 2015   [#296] In reply to [#295]
Mike - I was wondering when you were going to join the party :)

I'd like to see a way to delete a section that resulted from a split. For example, after making a box and Spliting it into sections, I'd like to be able to remove some sections.

Right now I can delete faces, but that leaves a hole. I'd like to go from the top object to the bottom object (without the missing faces). I know I can make the solid object using Splits and extrusions, but the ability to remove a section becomes important when you're well into a project and realize you need to remove a section.

Ed Ferguson

Image Attachments:
splits.png 

31 Mar 2015   [#297] In reply to [#295]
Majik,

For #2, look at the "subd classic" command. It has a button for planar and catmull clark. It may be tricky on native moi, but with split, you may be able to fix up ngon areas first...

That may be the start of the area you are refing ........
31 Mar 2015   [#298] In reply to [#297]
And it would be awesome if the new one could work on open edges like that.
31 Mar 2015   [#299]
Kssssss....

Image Attachments:
Snake.png 

1 Apr 2015   [#300]
Hay guys, I just watching this theme and always want to say, that primitive stuff that you made with SubD plugin in MoI could be made 20 years ago with regular SubD and not so primitive but much more advanced. But looks like you are happy like kids, making that simple stuff, so do not going to break up you happiness :D))!
1 Apr 2015   [#301]
But the advanced stuff always originates from the simple stuff . . .

Matt
1 Apr 2015   [#302]
1 Apr 2015   [#303] In reply to [#300]
"SubD plugin in MoI could be made 20 years ago with regular SubD" Andrei Samardac

Its not the just subD that is amazing but the potential to model organic "nurbs" forms from simple Moi objects.

Nurbs subD forms will be smooth at any size with no faceting unlike polygons . Its a great option for product design.

Its really polygons vs nurbs. Polygons will however always be more flexible for character modelling ( displacement maps)

Also, objects in NVil( your software) , 3dcoat or Silo can be imported and converted to nurbs !!!!!! Amazing

Show messages:  1-3  …  224-243  244-263  264-283  284-303  304-323  324-343  344-363  …