Show messages: All
1-10
11-17
From: Phiro
Hi,
I think, Pilou have a good way with Networks.
But if you don't want have a bad continuity with the main piece, you must use Blend function to generate the curves used by network.
I attach my file with colors to understand what I used,
blend between the 2 red curves
blend between the 2 orange curves
blend between the 2 cyan curves
Then, use network with the curves you obtain by blend function (in my file, I assign those curves as Blue).
Don't know if this is the best way but it seems to be ok.

Attachments:
loft-sweep_ph.3dm
Image Attachments:
Capture d'écran 2026-09-29 004345.png
From: blowlamp
I used the Sweep tool.
The green curves were used for the profiles and the red curves were used for the rails. The blue curve was used for the scaling rail.
If you show points on the curves, it's quite easy to alter the shape as required.
Martin.

Attachments:
loft-sweep-Martin.3dm
Image Attachments:
Screenshot 2026-09-29 005124.png
From: Michael Gibson
Hi wim, thanks for posting the file.
So for the blend method you can set up a cutting curve like this:
Use Trim or Boolean Difference to make an opening:
Select these 2 edges:
Run Construct > Blend to fill in the empty area with a smooth blend surface:
- Michael
Image Attachments:
wim_hull1.png
wim_hull2.png
wim_hull3.png
wim_hull4.png
wim_hull5.png
From: Michael Gibson
Hi wim, this construction method is using Loft style = "Loose" with end points to make a rounded tip directly in the lofted surface:
- Michael
Attachments:
loose_loft.3dm
Image Attachments:
hull_loose_loft1.png
hull_loose_loft2.png
hull_loose_loft3.png
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
Cool! :)
Like this you can keep the original forms even in Loose process!
Just make the extremities "free" (double the penultimate section for example)
You can of course transform them after!
From: wimverbe
wow, thanks all, lots of approaches to pick from! will try them all and document them for my personal tutorial library! (if not I will have forgotten it next time, my neurons became a bit fuzzy lately ;-)
will try to show the result soon, a slowly rocking wooden sailboat automaton.
cheers
wim
From: wimverbe
needs to be 3D printed as a test first, Pilou ;-) and yes, I forgot to reset the decimal display to 2 after some scaling tests for another project...
Show messages: All
1-10
11-17