MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: composite curve export to STEP

Show messages: All  1-5  6-9

From: BurrMan
24 Sep   [#6] In reply to [#4]
Hi Peer,
I was a little off. I had just done a simple test at first and replied. THe3 video shows what I did.

Then after you responded, I dove a little deeper and discovered it was just an anomaly that wouldn't really work. I believe the end of the video shows what you experienced.



Anyway, it sounds like Michael understands and is going to be able to help you...
From: Michael Gibson
24 Sep   [#7] In reply to [#5]
HI Peer,

> re:
> For example, a joined line-helix-arc will be output as a composite LINE-BSPLINE-CIRCLE?

I think so, attached is an example of a joined line-helix-arc.

- Michael

Attachments:
composite_curve3.stp


From: pressure (PEER)
24 Sep   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Michael: Thanks for confirming. That's perfect.

BurrMan: Thanks for posting a video of what you did. That's an unexpected quirk you discovered there.

- Peer
From: BurrMan
24 Sep   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Yeah. It was odd in that it was the ONLY way it produced results. Virtually every other way gets messy results!

Just my luck....

Show messages: All  1-5  6-9