Show messages:
1-3
4-23
24-37
From: Larry Fahnoe (FAHNOE)
Thanks for the additional explanations Gabriel. At this point I've not done any experimenting with agentic-AI, but who knows, maybe your project will nudge me to do so. In the meantime cheers for the unique idea and experiment which you have made available for others to learn with and from.
--Larry
From: Gabriel
@Larry
Thank you so much for your kind words, Larry.
A small quick tip for you and anyone else who wants to try AI-assisted MoI production: I have successfully tried the MCP with Google's 'Antigravity'.
'Antigravity' is free for anyone with a Gmail account to try. Its capabilities are limited. Nevertheless, it gives you something to experiment with.
Cheers,
Gabriel
From: binfordboy
@Gabriel,
I checked your mcp Server on both actual macOS and moi V5. Works Like charming hell. Thank you very much. The only thing missing in v5 are the 5 new factories .
From: Gabriel
Hey binfordboy,
Thank you for trying it out :)
Many thanks for testing it on MacOS! I'll update the README accordingly
I'll check out V5 when I have a spare moment. I'll have to implement a fallback mechanism for V4, though.
Cheers,
Gabriel
From: Death
Excellent! Great Job, this is going to get better and better!
From: ado1
So as a complete newbie here:
I download/copy
Bridge.js
node-v22.22.2-x64.msi
Put the Bridge file into AppData/MOI
install the msi file
open MOI 4.0
Is that really it?
From: Gabriel
@ ado1
Hey ado1,
if the MCP server is connected properly to your AI agent (Claude etc.), you can do a quick check by opening a fresh scene in MoI and writing in your AI session:
call get_scene
IF the agent responds with something like "Scene is emtpy", then you're all set. Otherwise something is missing. You can also check the MCP installation by typing
/mcp in your session - it must show you the list of installed MCP servers, among them the moi server.
I'll try to find a minute to make a short video on how to install the server.
Cheers,
Gabriel
From: ado1
OK thx.
I've only got Win7 Pro on my main setup so the node won't install but I've got a Tablet I can give it a shot on.
That's the first time I've ever had cause to regret not being more up-to--date
Which reminds me if Mr Gibson is around.
What's the situation with my Moi 4 License Mr Gibson, Can I use it on a second computer for testing this AI out?
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
You can have 2 or more computers with Moi installed on them BUT...
...you must use only ONE computer in the same time for Moi! ;)
From: ado1
Awesome.
Thanks for that.
From: binfordboy
Ado1 direct your ai to the gitrepository and Tell her to install and Check everything on your Computer is the easy way
From: Gabriel
Hi everyone,
an important notice:
mcp v. 0.2.0 has been released
The full change log can be found here:
Changelog v 0.2.0
what changed? => the export function is now available in the MCP.
Please update.
A short description on that can be now found on the repo main page.
Cheers,
Gabriel
From: Gabriel
Hey everyone,
v. 0.4.0 is out
This release only changes the server. The MoI side is unchanged, so you don't need to reinstall the bridge. Pull, rebuild, and restart your AI client.
What's new:
- Better help on MoI objects. moi_factory_help can now describe objects, edges and styles, which MoI's own API doesn't document. It works without a running MoI session.
- Clearer hints when a script goes wrong.
- If a script returns nothing because it has no return, the reply now says so.
- If a script fails on a large model, the error stays short: it lists up to 10 object ids and gives a count for the rest.
- Nine more MoI scripting pitfalls are explained to the agent. These include commit() return values, mesh import, join returning one object per connected group, and isClosed on breps. The whole list is now easier for the agent to read.
- Units. On a document with no unit system, the agent may set millimeters on its own when it's only testing. Otherwise it still asks you first.
Full changelog and download:
Changelog mcp-bridge-for-moi 0.4.0
Cheers,
Gabriel
From: Gabriel
Hey everyone,
v. 0.5.0 is out: see what the tools cost your agent
This release is about token cost. It changes nothing in the MoI bridge, so updating the server is enough.
- New tokens command. "mcp-bridge-for-moi tokens" estimates how many tokens each tool definition costs an agent, and the total. It needs no MoI session. Add --json to print the definitions as the server sends them.
- Token use section in the README. It lists the cost tool by tool and explains how to check it in your own client. With every definition loaded up front, the estimate is about 3,900–4,400 tokens. Claude Code's /context counted about 5,700 in my test. Clients that load definitions on demand pay less.
- A size guard. A test fails ifst a set size, so the cost can't creep upunnoticed.
- moi_eval description trimmed.de's 2,048-character cap on tooldescriptions, so its ending was cut off. The MoI scripting traps and helper details now live inmoi_factory_help('traps') and moi_factory_
- Pointer on failure. When a moi_eval fails with moi_error, the reply now points to moi_factory_help('traps').
Release notes and download:
v0.5.0 on GitHub'
Cheers,
Gabriel
Show messages:
1-3
4-23
24-37