MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: v5 beta bug or incorrect setting by me?

From: James (JCHH)
17 Sep   [#1]
Hi,

I'm running the latest v5 beta (Apr-26, 2026) but have a strange dimension problem.,

I have 2 lines, 0.1mm difference in Z, but with claiming to be the same value (in Z). Usually, you can see which is 5.5mm and which is actually 5.4mm. Is this a display bug or do I have sound rounding in my settings?

I have set the display to 2 decimal places (also tried changing to 1dp) but no difference.

Thanks!

Image Attachments:
Screenshot 2026-09-17 at 10.38.15.png  Screenshot 2026-09-17 at 10.38.23.png  Screenshot 2026-09-17 at 10.38.47.png 


From: James (JCHH)
17 Sep   [#2] In reply to [#1]
OK, I;m guessing buy as , when I try to move it, it shows correctly at 5.4mm

Image Attachments:
Screenshot 2026-09-17 at 10.49.12.png 


From: Michael Gibson
17 Sep   [#3] In reply to [#1]
Hi James,

re:
> I have 2 lines, 0.1mm difference in Z, but with claiming to be the same value (in Z).

Where are you looking to see the z values, is it this? :



That part of the UI shows the x,y,z coordinates of where the mouse cursor is located, it does not show the z level of selected objects.

- Michael

Image Attachments:
james_z.png 


From: James (JCHH)
18 Sep   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Agh, you may be right - I’ll check it tomorrow.