Show messages: All
1
2-9
From: Michael Gibson
Hi Cuboctahedron, it may not like some slivery surfaces, see attached file.
What happens if before you export from Moi, select the object and run the ShrinkTrimmedSrf command (type the tab key, then type ShrinkTrimmedSrf then Enter?
I'll see if I can make a version with those slivers removed by mirroring the other half over.
- Michael
Attachments:
testcase_slivers.3dm
From: Michael Gibson
Try this one where the slivery faces have been removed.
- Michael
Attachments:
testcase2.3dm
From: Cuboctahedron
ShrinkTrimmedSrf didn't do it. I don't have a way of re-exporting the geometry after import to Bambu labs, but attached is what it looks like. It's specifically complaining about open edges.
Image Attachments:
Screenshot 2026-09-09 133716.png
From: Michael Gibson
Hi Cuboctahedron, did you test with the testcase2.3dm file above?
- Michael
From: Cuboctahedron
Yes, same issue and result.
From: Barry-H
Hi,
have redone your model and it imports into Ideamaker slicer as stp file with no errors.
Hopefully its correct.
Cheers
Barry
Attachments:
ABHTest stp.zip
From: Cuboctahedron
Yeah, I already got a version of it that works — I'm sharing this to see if there's an underlying bug in the export routines that can get squashed.
From: Cuboctahedron
But thank you!
Show messages: All
1
2-9