MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 opening files with side panels not showing

Show messages: All  1  2-13

From: Michael Gibson
7 Sep   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi shayne, it looks like you've got a UI mod installed. If you look under %appdata%\Moi\startup is there a file there named MiniSidepane.js ?

If you remove that does it behave better?

- Michael
From: shayno
7 Sep   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael

No there is no minisidepane in there

I do use a modified sidepane.htm that I have merged the containers and removed commands to streamline my workflow.
I have attached it

If I open moi first then open the 3dm it behaves perfectly
only when I open from the file manager that it forgets to show the contents

cheers
shayne

Attachments:
SidePane.htm


From: Michael Gibson
7 Sep   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi shayne, I think the issue is that some other script code expects for the tab content to be in a <div> element and you've got it on the <table>.

Also there was a mismatched end tag:
code:
					<div id="ConstructTabContent">
					 	...
					</divid="ConstructTabContent">

Should be:
code:
					<div id="ConstructTabContent">
					 	...
					</div>


Please try this attached version.

- Michael

Attachments:
SidePane.htm


From: shayno
7 Sep   [#5]
Hi Michael
It did not make any difference
Thanks for looking at it for me
shayne
From: shayno
7 Sep   [#6]
Hi Michael
One peculiar thing I have noticed on V5 vs V4 is if I sweep a circle around a sweep rail to make a solid pipe

Then hide the solid to show just the curves , show points on the sweep rail and move any of them the solid remains hidden but when you unhide the solid it has been changed

In V4 if I alter either the oval or the sweep rail it unhides the solid and updates the it immediately.

I have attached sample

cheers
shayne

Attachments:
test sweep.3dm


From: Michael Gibson
7 Sep   [#7] In reply to [#5]
Hi shayne,

re:
> Hi Michael
> It did not make any difference
> Thanks for looking at it for me
> shayne

Were you trying with v4 or v5?

If you restore the original SidePane.htm does it go away then?

- Michael
From: Michael Gibson
8 Sep   [#8] In reply to [#6]
Hi shayne,

re:
> One peculiar thing I have noticed on V5 vs V4 is <...>

With the introduction of groups in v5, it now tries to preserve hidden states through edits.

That's so that when you do something like move a group that has some hidden parts they stay hidden. There are still a couple of bugs in this area that are in progress.

- Michael
From: shayno
8 Sep   [#9] In reply to [#7]
Hi Michael

with a clean install original sidepane

clicking file directly it now opens with all of the sidepane tabs minimised

yet when running moi first then opening file its all good




cheers
shayne

Image Attachments:
Screen Shot 09-09-26 at 08.36 AM.JPG 


From: Michael Gibson
8 Sep   [#10] In reply to [#9]
Hi shayne,

re:
> clicking file directly it now opens with all of the sidepane tabs minimised

This will happen if the non-maximized window size is small.

To fix it, press the "Restore" button, the one immediately to the left of the "X" close button in the upper right corner.

With the window now not maximized, position it so that it is nearly as large as the entire monitor. Then close MOI once to get that non-maximized position saved, then you can re-open it and maximize it.

Basically what is happening is when MOI is launched it will initially be at the non-maximized window size even though you don't see that on screen. If that size is small then the UI will close tabs to try and avoid showing a vertical scroll bar.

- Michael
From: shayno
8 Sep   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Thanks Michael

Did not fix it but don't worry I'll open from an open instance with panels open already

cheers
shayne
From: Michael Gibson
8 Sep   [#12] In reply to [#11]
Hi shayne, if you can send me (e-mail moi@moi3d.com) your moi.ini file and maybe a screenshot of what the unmaximized window position looks like, I might be able to figure out why that didn't work.

Thanks,
- Michael
From: shayno
9 Sep   [#13] In reply to [#12]
Thanks Michael

sent to you

cheers
shayne

Show messages: All  1  2-13