From: James (JCHH)
Hi,
Can someone help me understand why I cannot inset 1mm in the ends of this item, but I can on the longer sides?
Thanks!

Attachments:
7.6 magnet in bobble.3dm
Image Attachments:
Screenshot 2026-09-02 at 10.10.32.png
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
Maybe because angles are not 90° ?
From: James (JCHH)
agh, that makes sense (and unfortunate for me).
Thanks!
edit: I guess I'm doing it "the old fashioned way"!
From: MO (MO_TE)
Hi James,
I'm not sure about the reason of this, but I tried "ShrinkTrimmedSrf" command on your object and that fixed it.
Select your object, press TAB, paste "ShrinkTrimmedSrf" and press Enter.
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
Cool! Indeed!
When Moi blocks for make something like here fillets on a complex volume :)
Some Ai can help you!
(but result is just an image!!! And you can put of course any textures and/or environment :)
From: James (JCHH)
nice - I've never heard of "ShrinkTrimmedSrf"
How can I find out more about this kind of thing?
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
https://moi3d.com/4.0/docs/moi_command_reference10.htm#shrinktrimmedsrf
and some relation with : Q: Why does show points work for some objects but not others?
https://moi3d.com/wiki/FAQ
From: James (JCHH)
nice!
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
;)
From: James (JCHH)
you have skills, sir.