MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Geometric Tracery

From: Zooen
30 Aug   [#1]
Guaranteed to be AI-free (Artificial Intelligence is an oxymoron!).
Exported as .fbx, imported into Blender 5.2. Well, I’m far from being an expert at rendering with Blender, but I’m working on it, using what’s left of my 85 billion neurons. I’ve expanded my knowledge of MoI3D with this modest creation.

Image Attachments:
Geometric_Tracery_01.png  Geometric_Tracery_02.png  Image_04.jpg  Image_06B.jpg 


From: 777RAVEN777
2 Sep   [#2]
I've used Moi to create similar things but it's a lot of work and makes my brain hurt ;)

Image Attachments:
Curved Test.jpg 


From: Zooen
2 Sep   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi,
A truly beautiful creation
This requires in-depth work and is more complex than it appears.
What software did you use to create that rendering, which looks really good too?
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
2 Sep   [#4]
https://vectorizer.com/

But you must have first a better "flattened image" ! ;)

Ia gives that...not perfect! :)


From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
2 Sep   [#5]
Works but need a little work of cleaning / Trim the SVG imported! :)




From: Zooen
2 Sep   [#6] In reply to [#5]
Pilou, I think you’ve misunderstood the exchange between 777RAVEN777 and me: we were talking about how difficult it is to make this sort of object.
He deliberately gave his object this rounded shape, which I think looks great.
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
2 Sep   [#7]
Effectively if object must be spherical... :)

so use Flow at the end of the process for round it ;)
From: 777RAVEN777
2 Sep   [#8] In reply to [#3]
Modelled completely in Moi3d. It was an exercise to fill in some lockdown time.
If I remember rightly I used Matrix to render that one, but these days I use Light Tracer Render for pretty much everything :)
From: 777RAVEN777
2 Sep   [#9] In reply to [#4]
Yes I started by tracing some close-ups of the Sutton Hoo Treasure - I've had to do quite a lot of Celtic knotwork before; once you figure out the logic of the pattern it'seasy :)
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
2 Sep   [#10]
http://www.entrelacs.net/
From: 777RAVEN777
2 Sep   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Great resource - thanks Pilou :)
From: Mindset (IGNITER)
4 Sep   [#12]
http://www.hypatiasoft.fr/Folder_KnotsBag/Pages_HTML/KnotsBag_A.html
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
4 Sep   [#13] In reply to [#12]
excellent i had this old one but Down ! :(
http://perso.orange.fr/hypatiasoft/F_index.html