MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: boole fails

Show messages: All  1  2-4

From: Michael Gibson
21 Aug   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Wim, from the darkness of the edges in your screen shot it looks like you may have some duplicated objects stacked up on top of each other.

Can you extract just one piece of the knurling and the box? That should make a smaller file.

- Michael
From: wimverbe
21 Aug   [#3]
Michael,

there are no stacked objects, in the object list there are just the 2 objects you see, I deleted everything else.

It must be related to the small gap in the ring, I was able to boolean a large part of the ring, away from the gap, that boolean operation worked. still does not work with the cube though.
the file was reduced to 34.6 Mb, but still would not load, I made a zip file, 20 Mb, then I got "internal error 500, could not display the file you are looking for".
I will try to reduce it further tomorrow, it is quite late here now.

rgds
wim
From: Michael Gibson
21 Aug   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi wim, you may need to use a file transfer service like https://wetransfer.com/ or dropbox and send me a link through e-mail at moi@moi3d.com

- Michael

Show messages: All  1  2-4