MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Question about Export to STL

Show messages: All  1  2-3

From: Michael Gibson
21 Aug   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Frederick,

re:
> So how does the export on multiple objects into one STL look in code?

If you want it to do the same as the File > Export command you would turn on selection on all the parts that you want in the same file and then call moi.geometryDatabase.fileExport( 'filename' );

If you are stuck please post the script.

- Michael
From: fcwilt
21 Aug   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help.

You provided the information I needed.

Currently I collect all selected objects with...

var objects = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects();

...then de-select them all.

Then I iterate over the collected objects selecting, exporting, de-selecting each one, thus getting one STL file per each initially selected objects.

So instead of selecting each one I have to decide how to identify those objects that should be exported together to the same file.

Thanks again.

Frederick

Show messages: All  1  2-3