MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: MOI end game

From: beanworks
20 Aug   [#1]
Am I the only one who loves MOI just the way it is? I mean, I literally can go from vague idea to concept in MOI in a matter of minutes. Nothing gets in my way. I can put MOI away for a month and jump back on without relearning anything. It sort of reminds me of the utility of a pencil. There are many ways to put down a line but there are few things as simple and perfect as a sharpened pencil. ..and its still around after decades of competing technology.
There are many programs with similar capabilities as MOi + amazing utilities and functions MOI will never have. I routinely export my files to Rhino/Grasshopper although I would NEVER think to ideate in anything other than MOI. In fact, I'm not sure if I would even like MOI if it was bloated with niche features.
LIsten, I have no problem with refinements, improvements, etc. I'm not a luddite. However, MOI is a near perfect little gem so I guess I'm wondering what the end game is. Seems like every feature request kind of drags MOI out of its sandbox and into the cesspool of other CAD interface hell.
From: Michael Gibson
20 Aug   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi beanworks, I'm very focused on keeping the light and nimble drawing feeling of MOI's UI.

That's why we are at version 5 and still don't have bloat.

There is still a lot of stuff to improve.

- Michael

Message 12089.3 was deleted


From: Mik (MIKULAS)
21 Aug   [#4] In reply to [#2]
MOI = Moment Of Inspiration - its name perfectly describes what this software is all about and anyone who needs additional features can add them to MOI using plugins = perfection.

I love MOI too.

Mik
From: hadri1
23 Aug   [#5] In reply to [#1]
Hi beanworks.
I could not agree more :) .
MOI is great ! and i have no doubt what with Michael continuous effort to add extra capabilities while keeping it simple and light, it will be even better :)