Show messages:
1-3
4-22
From: Zooen
Hi Boolean,
I took a look at your file. I’d like to offer a few suggestions to help you complete your project, which appears to be a hard-shell guitar case. I hope I don’t offend you and that you won’t take my comments and advice the wrong way.
I was surprised by the position of your shape, so I repositioned it in a way that seems more appropriate for completing your project.
Your shape consists of 17 curves. In one spot, at the top of the shape, there’s a small curve that will cause problems during extrusion. The shape can be made up of a single closed curve.
I noticed that your object isn’t symmetrical. It seems to me that it should be, at least at the beginning of your project. I created two axes of symmetry (right and left).
So I converted your shape into a single closed curve, removed the corner points, and reduced the number of control points. This allows for proper extrusion, streamlines the shape, and simplifies the rest of your work.
It would be helpful for you to go back to your original file and implement the suggestions I’ve made. If you get stuck at any point, there will always be people willing to offer solutions.
Best regards
Attachments:
Guitar_1B.3dm
From: Booleano
Hi Zooen
"I hope I don't offend you and that you don't take my comments and advice the wrong way".
You don't offend me at all; quite the opposite.
I will follow your advice, and thank you very much for your help.
Regards.
From: Michael Gibson
Hi Booleano,
re:
> Could you please send me the "Guitar,3dm" file you've corrected? I would really appreciate it.
I've attached a corrected version here, it should now extrude as a solid.
There were a few tiny segments and one self intersection that I also removed.
- Michael
Attachments:
Guitar_2.3dm
From: Booleano
HI Michael
Here it is, so you can decide what you want to do.
Thank you very much.
Attachments:
Guitar_1.3dm
From: Booleano
Hi Zooen
How did you center the image with a single point?
Thank you very much.
From: Booleano
Hi Michael.
If you want the full version, I'll send it to you.
From: Michael Gibson
Hi Booleano,
re:
> HI Michael
>
> Here it is, so you can decide what you want to do.
>
> Thank you very much.
Sorry, I'm not understanding what you need.
It looks like your new version there is extruding as a solid now. Is there a different problem you are still running into?
- Michael
From: Booleano
Hi Michael
I have no further problems.
Thank you very much for your interest.
From: 777RAVEN777
As a default, if I'm going to extrude a curve, I'll check how complex its points are and usually end up rebuilding the curve anyway - making sure it's a Closed Curve. I also get cleaner results if it's flat to start with (ie occupying only 2 dimensions)
From: Booleano
Hi
Thank you all so much for your help, everything is sorted now
Message 12088.14 was deleted
From: Booleano
Hi
Why are there these differences in the number of points between figures "A" and "B"? Is there any way to convert figure "B" with the same number of points as figure "A", or at least approximately the same as "A", but with the points distributed similarly or equally?
Thank you.

Image Attachments:
Comparativa.jpg
Message 12088.16 was deleted
From: Booleano
Hi
This is the project; I replaced it because there was an error.

Image Attachments:
Estuche_2.jpg
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
Cool result on the image!
For same number of points on curve (s)
take a curve or more then Join if only one curve needed
Press Tab , Write Rebuild
Enter nb Pts wished
etc...
Message 12088.19 was deleted
From: Booleano
Hi Pilou
Thank you for liking the image; it took me a lot of work to get it, thanks to the help I received.
Regarding the curves, I know they're the same. Curve "A" is the one 777RAVEN777 suggested, and "B" is taken from the outline of 777RAVEN777's extruded image; I didn't draw it myself, which is why there's a difference. If your explanation also serves the same purpose, then that's fine with me.
Thanks.
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
If you follow my process above you can make any curve with any number of Control Points!
here each closed curve A & B has 13 C Points! And well spaced after a rebuild!
You can select many curves in the same time and rebuild them!
If you want same length of one of the curve : make a Scale 3D (A / B) or (B / A) following result wanted ! :)
From: Michael Gibson
Hi Booleano,
re:
> Why are there these differences in the number of points between figures "A" and "B"?
Probably because B is the result of a surface/surface intersection, and A has been simplified using the Rebuild command.
> Is there any way to convert figure "B" with the same number of points as figure "A", or
> at least approximately the same as "A", but with the points distributed similarly or equally?
Yes, use the Rebuild command to do that.
Set up a shortcut key, with Rebuild as the command name.
- Michael
Show messages:
1-3
4-22