MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Boolean

Show messages:  1-9  10-22

From: Michael Gibson
21 Aug   [#10] In reply to [#7]
Hi Booleano,

re:
> HI Michael
>
> Here it is, so you can decide what you want to do.
>
> Thank you very much.

Sorry, I'm not understanding what you need.

It looks like your new version there is extruding as a solid now. Is there a different problem you are still running into?

- Michael
From: Booleano
23 Aug   [#11] In reply to [#10]
Hi Michael

I have no further problems.

Thank you very much for your interest.
From: 777RAVEN777
1 Sep   [#12]
As a default, if I'm going to extrude a curve, I'll check how complex its points are and usually end up rebuilding the curve anyway - making sure it's a Closed Curve. I also get cleaner results if it's flat to start with (ie occupying only 2 dimensions)
From: Booleano
2 Sep   [#13]
Hi

Thank you all so much for your help, everything is sorted now

Message 12088.14 was deleted


From: Booleano
6 Sep   [#15]
Hi

Why are there these differences in the number of points between figures "A" and "B"? Is there any way to convert figure "B" with the same number of points as figure "A", or at least approximately the same as "A", but with the points distributed similarly or equally?

Thank you.


Image Attachments:
Comparativa.jpg 


Message 12088.16 was deleted


From: Booleano
6 Sep   [#17]
Hi

This is the project; I replaced it because there was an error.


Image Attachments:
Estuche_2.jpg 


From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
6 Sep   [#18] In reply to [#15]
Cool result on the image!

For same number of points on curve (s)
take a curve or more then Join if only one curve needed
Press Tab , Write Rebuild
Enter nb Pts wished
etc...

Message 12088.19 was deleted


From: Booleano
6 Sep   [#20] In reply to [#18]
Hi Pilou

Thank you for liking the image; it took me a lot of work to get it, thanks to the help I received.

Regarding the curves, I know they're the same. Curve "A" is the one 777RAVEN777 suggested, and "B" is taken from the outline of 777RAVEN777's extruded image; I didn't draw it myself, which is why there's a difference. If your explanation also serves the same purpose, then that's fine with me.

Thanks.
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
6 Sep   [#21] In reply to [#20]
If you follow my process above you can make any curve with any number of Control Points!

here each closed curve A & B has 13 C Points! And well spaced after a rebuild!
You can select many curves in the same time and rebuild them!
If you want same length of one of the curve : make a Scale 3D (A / B) or (B / A) following result wanted ! :)


From: Michael Gibson
6 Sep   [#22] In reply to [#15]
Hi Booleano,

re:
> Why are there these differences in the number of points between figures "A" and "B"?

Probably because B is the result of a surface/surface intersection, and A has been simplified using the Rebuild command.


> Is there any way to convert figure "B" with the same number of points as figure "A", or
> at least approximately the same as "A", but with the points distributed similarly or equally?

Yes, use the Rebuild command to do that.

Set up a shortcut key, with Rebuild as the command name.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-9  10-22