MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Finetuning model div.

From: Lara (MALA)
15 Aug   [#1]
Hi,
I'm having trouble fine-tuning an object.

1. Should the tips be slightly rounded (I can't seem to do this with “fit-fillet”)
2. Should the lines of the “sails” blend smoothly into each other at the edges—mine look so jagged.

Do you have ideas - that would be fine...thx...
Cheers, Mala


Attachments:
YENDIS.3dm

Image Attachments:
4 views.png 


From: Zooen
17 Aug   [#2] In reply to [#1]
I'm interested in shapes like the one you want to create.
I’ve been looking into your project. However, I haven’t been able to find a solution that preserves both basic shapes. But I plan to revisit your project because I really like these shapes.
If you zoom in on certain parts, you can see “breaks” in some places. There are also some very sharp bends, which is why it’s difficult to create the fillets. If your two shapes aren’t set in stone, you could try modifying them. Keep at it!

Attachments:
YENDIS_Edges_Problem.3dm


From: Lara (MALA)
18 Aug   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hello Zooen,
I don't need the shape to be a perfectly clean design. I'm feeding it into AI to create a visualization. The details aren't all that important there. On the other hand, I do want the shape to be as good as possible—regardless of how it's used later. At some point, the object will need to be produced, so it's necessary. I’m glad you like the shape. Your creation looks pretty similar to mine—but actually more beautiful than mine. Best regards, Tom
From: Lara (MALA)
19 Aug   [#4]
Hi, I've got the hang of modeling now and achieved what I set out to do.
Best regards, Mala





Image Attachments:
YENDIS probsSolved.png  YENDIS probsSolved_.png 


From: Zooen
19 Aug   [#5] In reply to [#3]
Hi Tom,
I've resumed work on the green shape. As you can see, I've created a fillet on the green shape, but MoI3D can only create this one—it refuses to do the others...
The cyan shape needs to be reworked (I’m not satisfied with it). Maybe we’ll talk soon—I have a personal project underway that’s keeping me busy and really interests me.
Attached is the file where you can see the only fillet I was able to create.

Best regards

Attachments:
YENDIS-Etude-2_Zooen.3dm


From: Zooen
19 Aug   [#6] In reply to [#4]
“Hi, I'm starting to get the hang of modeling, and I've reached the goal I set for myself.
Best regards, Mala.”

HA! HA! I hadn't read your last post.
Great, I'm glad you reached your goal.

Best regards