MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Bug report for Moi 5.0 beta Dec-1-2023

23 Jul   [#1]
Hello,

There seems to be a bug with the grouping tool, the software runs noticeably slower. I downloaded some CAD models of a m-ITX motherboard and graphics card, and everything runs very slow when they are under same group, but when separate in one project, everything is OK. Technically there should be no difference.
23 Jul   [#2] In reply to [#1]
Hi Fubax, can you please e-mail me (moi@moi3d.com) the models so I can test with them over here?

If you can send one file with the slow version and a separate one with the fast that would help me to be able to analyze what might be going on.

Thanks, - Michael
24 Jul   [#3] In reply to [#2]
I've sent the files
24 Jul   [#4] In reply to [#3]
Hi Fubax, thanks for sending the files. I've got a fix prepared, I have sent you some info.

- Michael
25 Jul   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Thank you, the fix worked. For anyone experiencing the same issue, try the following script assigned to a shortcut (like Ctrl+R) after grouping operation:
script:/*make things faster*/moi.geometryDatabase.setStatic();
This should make things faster =).
27 Jul   [#6]
Is anyone else having a problem with the hidden line display toggle not working properly? The attached image shows what it looks like with it off and on. No change.

Image Attachments:
Hidden_line.JPG 

27 Jul   [#7] In reply to [#6]
Hi Billabong, Do you have Options > View > "Hidden edges on selected only" turned on?

If so then they'll only display on selected objects.

Another possible explanation is if they are set to be completely transparent.

What do you have in moi.ini under

[Hidden lines]
HiddenLineOpacity=34

- Michael
27 Jul   [#8] In reply to [#7]
Hey Michael,
Selected is turned off and here is a screengrab of the .ini

-B

Image Attachments:
Hidden_lines_2.JPG 

27 Jul   [#9] In reply to [#8]
Hi Billabong, maybe it has to do with that particular model being thin walled throughout.

What happens if you make a box, does it work on the box if you set View > Display hidden lines checkbox to be on?

- Michael
28 Jul   [#10] In reply to [#9]
I think your right. Another thing I noticed is that it only looks that way from inside the object. The outside of the object looks the way it should. Odd, but my mistake. Sorry.

Image Attachments:
Hidden_lines_3.JPG