MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: Sweeping fail - even though I've done this before!!

4 Jul   [#1]
Hi All,

I've made signet rings before using the same workflow but this time it's just not happening!

I'm sweeping these curves:

Using these rails:

I get a really weird output.

Could someone please point out what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks!
Gunter
4 Jul   [#2] In reply to [#1]
HI gunter

我想,错误的原因是出现在曲线的选择上,网格方向的所有曲线都应该保证交叉并完整,还有不应该使用sweep这个命令,这只适合于1-2条引导轨道的情况。应该如图片所演示的步骤使用network工具。
(I think the reason for the error is in the selection of curves. All curves in the grid direction should be ensured to intersect and be complete, and the sweep command should not be used, which is only suitable for 1-2 guide tracks. You should use the network tool as shown in the picture.)

Image Attachments:
1.png  2.png  3.png  4.png 

4 Jul   [#3] In reply to [#2]
Hi Suiyan,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

You mention joining all curves which I have done but I don't get that dot you have at the bottom intersection:

So I selected the vertical curves first and then the horizontal ones from top to bottom and then hit Network, but I get this:

I'm clearly doing something wrong?

Many thanks,
Gunter
4 Jul   [#4] In reply to [#3]
HI gunter
仅凭图片,我无法判断你做错了什么,我附上GIF演示的完整操作过程,和3dm文件。
(Based solely on the pictures, I cannot determine what you have done wrong. I have attached the complete operation process of the GIF demonstration and the 3D file)

对于Moi3D来说,对元素选择的细微差别,的确会造成成型结果的完全混乱,这是跟如同ug,SolidWorks等工业设计软件很大的区别,没有智能的选择识别组合系统,但构造元素本身比它们简单得多,不要担心,您已经迈出最重要的一步。
(For Moi3D, subtle differences in element selection can indeed cause complete confusion in the molding results, which is a big difference from industrial design software such as ug and SolidWorks. There is no intelligent selection recognition combination system, but constructing elements themselves is much simpler than them. Don't worry, you have taken the most important step.)

Attachments:
Round Singet ring .3dm

Image Attachments:
1.gif 

4 Jul   [#5] In reply to [#4]
Hey Siyuan

Thank you again for taking the time to help with this!

It's all sorted now!