MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: How to align 4 photo references

Show messages:  1-12  13-32  33-39

25 Feb   [#33] In reply to [#29]
Sorry little misunderstanding! ;)
must be reading
The AI have only been in existence for 6 months! Not me! :)
25 Feb   [#34]
Else you can try tones of renders, Refines! ;) (+ enter Images)

25 Feb   [#35] In reply to [#34]
Nice additions. However AI is not for me. I do like the AI in Adobe Photoshop (Firefly?) but all other AI does not appeal to me.
25 Feb   [#36] In reply to [#32]
Hi Ken,

re:
> I hope this gives you an indication of what I am trying to accomplish in MOI3D. I think
> the engine, chassis/frame, suspension parts, etc would be easy. It is the body that
> has me stymied.

Yes, car bodies are difficult shapes to model.

They tend to be a more organic type of form and need a fairly different strategy than mechanical parts. It's a type of modeling that has a much steeper learning curve to it.

It seems like you need a pretty high level of guidance which is just not currently available for MoI, like step-by-step tutorials with voice.

Probably your best bet for success would be to create the body in one of your poly modeling programs and bring it in to MoI with the sub-d converter and then do other parts with MoI.

- Michael
25 Feb   [#37] In reply to [#36]
Michael,

The images I've uploaded where ALL modeled by ME, including the flathead V8 engine.

ALL were created from scratch. NO kit bashing.

ALL were modeled in polygonal apps Hexagon 3D and Silo by ME.

I realize how hard cars are to model as I've fought and won that learning curve.

Here is a futuristic hot rod I modeled from scratch. Again no kit bashing.

And later textured and rendered in e-onsoftware's Vue Creator.

I simply believe cars can be modeled in MOI3D. To suggest I purchase Rhino or Solidworks is SILLY. To suggest I continue to use a polygonal app is SILLY. When I have given reason why I want to use MOI3D for accuracy to scale (1/24 or 1/25) for 3D printing.

Image Attachments:
001.JPG  002.JPG  HRA2_41_Grobo Car EDIT 2020 {2016}=KRM02.jpg 

25 Feb   [#38] In reply to [#37]
Hi Ken, so I guess the part I don't understand is that you were previously saying you are not able to model cars in Moi because you could not find adequate tutorials to help you learn how to do it.

Did I misunderstand that part?

That's not something that is easy for me to remedy, making tutorials that go over everything for advanced modeling in heavy detail and with voice are very difficult and time consuming to produce.

What I'm trying to tell you is pretty straightforward - you have said you need detailed tutorials, MoI does not have those tutorials and so MoI does not meet your requirements.

If you're already proficient in doing the car bodies in Hexagon and Silo then it would seem to make sense to continue to do so and bring them into MoI using the sub-d conversion.

re:
> When I have given reason why I want to use MOI3D for accuracy to scale (1/24 or 1/25) for 3D printing.

I think you've been given some bad or oversimplified advice on this point.

If your car body doesn't have any stuff like exact circular holes cut in it then what type of accuracy problems are you trying to solve?

You have to convert it to polygons at the end to send to the 3D printer anyway.

If you have organic swoopy surfaces as NURBS with no circles, lines, and arcs anywhere in the shape why do you consider that to be more accurate?

The "better accuracy" of NURBS modeling is generally for stuff like you have precise spheres, cylinders, circular holes and things like that in mechanical parts which are not present in organic shapes (like car bodies).

- Michael
25 Feb   [#39] In reply to [#38]
It is the advice of people who are actually creating plastic scale car models and plastic car model parts.

Sorry Michael, but I will take their advice over yours unless you are also modeling model car parts as well.

I am done asking questions on this topic here.

Show messages:  1-12  13-32  33-39