MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 beta Apr-13-2023 available now

Show messages:  1-17  18-37  38-57  58-77  78-97  98-117  118-137  138-157  …  198-210

24 Apr 2023   [#78]
I redraw from 0 the disc /cylinders... not on the generator curve (maybe not the root problem but more prudent! :)
(not the groove piece you can copy it if necessary...
like this all perimeters are plenty and not trimmed! ;)
So
No problem! :)
https://moiscript.weebly.com/uploads/3/9/3/8/3938813/flange1.3dm
there are 2 models for make yours tests!
Solid ++ or Acis
Chamfer or Fillets 1 mm
24 Apr 2023   [#79]
Hello, any idea when will be full release available? Thank you.
24 Apr 2023   [#80] In reply to [#79]
Hi Robert,

re:
> Hello, any idea when will be full release available? Thank you.

Sorry no I don't have a specific release date set yet.

- Michael
25 Apr 2023   [#81]
Apologies if this has been brought up previously. All V5 beta Mac downloads that I've installed don't have functioning midpoint or center snaps. I've tried the last two betas but had to roll back to V4 since this is a function I use constantly. Am I missing a snap setting somewhere? Both center and midpoint are checked under the object snap list. This issue has been occurring on an M1Pro and M2Max Macbooks.
25 Apr 2023   [#82] In reply to [#81]
> All V5 beta Mac downloads that I've installed don't have functioning midpoint or center snaps.

Hmm, that's very different than my experience. I use midpoint and center snaps a lot and have no problems with them on any of the V5 betas. For what it's worth, I'm running Big Sur on an M1 MacBook Pro.

--Larry
25 Apr 2023   [#83] In reply to [#81]
Hi crackajack,

re:
> Apologies if this has been brought up previously. All V5 beta Mac downloads that I've
> installed don't have functioning midpoint or center snaps. I've tried the last two betas
> but had to roll back to V4 since this is a function I use constantly.

Hmmm, this is the first I've heard of this behavior and the v5 betas have been out for quite a while.

Do the snaps not work with specific files you're working on? What happens if you create just one rectangle after starting up?

Any difference if you switch View > "Display hidden lines" checkbox?

Thanks, - Michael
25 Apr 2023   [#84] In reply to [#83]
OK, there it is... Everything works normal with display hidden lines checked. With it unchecked it isn't picking up midpoint, center, or end point of line snaps.
25 Apr 2023   [#85] In reply to [#84]
Hi crackajack, so the way it is supposed to work is that if "Display hidden lines" is turned off then snaps that are occluded (because something else is displaying in front of them) should not get targeted.

But if they are not behind other objects then it's not supposed to make any difference.

If things are not working right with one particular file you are working on can you please e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com ?

Thanks, - Michael
25 Apr 2023   [#86] In reply to [#85]
It appears to be all files. Existing ones created in V4 and new ones in V5. If it helps I believe the previous beta, May?, was doing the exact same thing for me as the current one.
25 Apr 2023   [#87] In reply to [#86]
Hi crackajack, if you can send me an e-mail at moi@moi3d.com, I can send some v5 test versions for you to try to isolate what change in v5 is causing this compared to v4.

Thanks,
- Michael
29 Apr 2023   [#88] In reply to [#87]
Just an update on this. On my Macbook Pro M1Pro and M2Max setting the ini file GraphicsAPI=Metal was causing the snap issue when display hidden lines is unchecked. I've switched it back to =Auto and everything is functioning correctly. It sounds like Michael is working on what is causing the Metal/Snap issue.
2 May 2023   [#89]
Hi Michael.
Please see the attached video where I discovered a problem after filleting a circular hole. It shows that once filleted, the edges are no longer seen as circles by MoI and also lose their snap points.

Many Thanks.
Martin.

https://vimeo.com/822960972?share=copy
2 May 2023   [#90] In reply to [#89]
I'm seeing similar problems with ACIS as Martin. In this case I used a circle to Boolean subtract instead if a cylinder, and end up with 2 180 deg. arcs.
The Solids++ version works as expected

Image Attachments:
Fillet_ACIS_Solids++.jpg 

2 May 2023   [#91] In reply to [#90]
Dan, try a G1, G2, or G3 blend - I'm getting the same fault with them.

Martin.
2 May 2023   [#92] In reply to [#89]
Hi Martin, thanks for reporting this - it should get fixed when I improve the conversion to ACIS to use sphere primitives instead of general NURBS surfaces. At the moment only planes and cylinders get converted to analytic entities in ACIS.

- Michael
2 May 2023   [#93] In reply to [#92]
Thanks for that, Michael.
Did you notice my reply to Dan, regarding the fact this fault is also there with G1, G2 and G3 blends?

Martin.
2 May 2023   [#94] In reply to [#93]
Hi Martin, that's expected for G1/G2/G3 blend modes - those do not generate a torus as the fillet result unlike Circular mode should.

- Michael
4 May 2023   [#95]
It's amazing, I have a problem for constant distance ACIS, but not for circular.

Image Attachments:
Fillet.jpg 

5 May 2023   [#96]
Hi Michael,

Here's a minor problem where ACIS doesn't work when using the red surface as selection (works with Solid++). ACIS works however if the fillet is applied directly one the 2 circular edges from that surface.

Image Attachments:
FilletSurface.jpg 

5 May 2023   [#97] In reply to [#96]
Hi PaQ, thanks for reporting this. Can you please check what v5 beta release you are using? Over here it seems to be working ok with the face selection in the most recent Apr-13-2023 v5 beta release.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-17  18-37  38-57  58-77  78-97  98-117  118-137  138-157  …  198-210