MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 beta Apr-13-2023 available now

Show messages:  1-6  7-26  27-46  47-66  67-86  87-106  107-126  …  207-215

17 Apr 2023   [#47] In reply to [#42]
Hi,Michae I'm sorry that I'm writing about this for the third time, but OTOY users still cannot download the beta
17 Apr 2023   [#48] In reply to [#47]
Hi Blackboard, hopefully they should put it up soon, I sent to them last Thursday evening.

Please let me know if you still don't see it in the next couple of days.

- Michael
17 Apr 2023   [#49] In reply to [#28]
>For object placement including scaling, those are here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10011.90

I'm sorry because i didn't check right away.
This works only for imported files,I mean for those solids that are already in the scene
17 Apr 2023   [#50] In reply to [#49]
Hi blackboard,

re:
> This works only for imported files,I mean for those solids that are already in the scene

One is for imported files, the other one is for pasting in something from the clipboard.

If you want to do it with something already in the scene then use the paste one and use Ctrl+C or Ctrl+Shift+C to pick an origin point to copy the object to the clipboard first.

- Michael
17 Apr 2023   [#51]
Michael i have another good feature for improve speed of modeling from plasticity
Add one more parameter to trim "Trim from surfaces\solids"

Attachments:
cut curve with curve.mp4

17 Apr 2023   [#52] In reply to [#50]
Thanks
17 Apr 2023   [#53] In reply to [#51]
Hi blackboard,

re:
> Add one more parameter to trim "Trim from surfaces\solids"

The Edit > Trim command already supports trimming using surfaces or solid as the cutting objects.
'
You don't need to set any parameter to do it, when the Trim command asks you to select cutting objects just select your solid or surface then.

- Michael
18 Apr 2023   [#54] In reply to [#53]
Thanks Michael, i'm not full moi3d user,sometimes I don't have a complete list of information
18 Apr 2023   [#55]
Hi Michael,

I hope you are doing well.

Just a quick question:
Could you inform me what is the best method in current MOI version to check out tangency of two adjacent surfaces? (I know in some softwares they use Zebra lines for that matter and some folks already asked you here: http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=2764. years ago)

Currently I use lighting facilities inside of MOI or displaying edges to check tangency of two adjacent surfaces but I wanted to know if there is a better way. Thanks.

-Psygorn
18 Apr 2023   [#56] In reply to [#55]
Hi Psygorn, setting the "Metallic lighting" option under Options > View > Lighting options can help for doing that.

Also it can be good to set up a shortcut key that will save to a mesh format like:

SaveAs c:\test.obj

Then in the meshing options dialog make a high density mesh and set Display: Shaded and examine patch boundary areas. Press escape or cancel when done so you don't actually generate a file.

- Michael
20 Apr 2023   [#57]
A version of this beta for Octane subscribers is targeted for release on next Monday June 1st.

- Michael

Message 11056.58 was deleted

21 Apr 2023   [#59] In reply to [#57]
Nice
the next iteration will also be fixes. Or will there be direct modeling? And when will it be?
21 Apr 2023   [#60] In reply to [#59]
Hi blackboard,

re:
> the next iteration will also be fixes. Or will there be direct modeling? And when will it be?

Probably mostly fixes as well for the next couple of betas.

I don't know precisely when they will be released.

- Michael
22 Apr 2023   [#61]
not sure if the counts as a bug. i created a sphere, cut a section off, copied it, fillet the new edges, one as acis one as solid. the solid works well, the acis is lumpy on the not filleted section. when i mesh both of them the acis is not smooth whereas the solid is perfect.

Val
22 Apr 2023   [#62] In reply to [#61]
Try to rotate the curve generator! ;)

22 Apr 2023   [#63] In reply to [#62]
It's on purpose not on the curve generator.
22 Apr 2023   [#64] In reply to [#61]
Hi Val, this is probably a bug in ACIS filleting, in the conversion from ACIS geometry back to Solids++ geometry.

Do you have a version of this file before doing the fillet?

- Michael
22 Apr 2023   [#65] In reply to [#64]
No, but it's easily replicated. if you look at the file you can see where I cut the sphere with a line. I have done it a number of times, always with the same result on the bigger section.
22 Apr 2023   [#66] In reply to [#65]
Hi Val, thanks - I can repeat it over here although it's not quite as messy as your version. It should be good enough for me to debug it though.

Thanks,
- Michael

Show messages:  1-6  7-26  27-46  47-66  67-86  87-106  107-126  …  207-215