MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: This is a v7 3DM file, bt MOI only supports v5

Show messages:  1  2-21  22-24

From: James (JCHH)
29 Aug   [#22] In reply to [#20]
Thanks Phiro,

To explain myself, I downloaded a file in another format (I can't remember which, but possibly obj and then used an online tool that said it could convert to .3dm (albeit v6 or v7) so I could then use the tool above to get it to .3dm v5.

Not truly understanding the internals of these different formats, I didn't realise that the formats were not translatable.

Thanks for your explanation - I have a lot to learn!
From: Frenchy Pilou (PILOU)
29 Aug   [#23] In reply to [#22]
You can reload obj files format inside Moi3D but these must be "quadrangulated" and not millions polygons like a Zbrush file! (so big decimate)

then 2 methods in Moi3D
one direct direct native: Subd / Create
one by Max Smirnov : Import OBJ https://moiscript.weebly.com/_importobj.html (advantage you can regulate % of subdivision) ;)

https://moiscript.weebly.com/subdivision.html






From: James (JCHH)
29 Aug   [#24] In reply to [#23]
fantastic info - thank you!

Show messages:  1  2-21  22-24