MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 Wish List

Show messages:  1-5  …  526-545  546-565  566-585  586-601

17 Jun   [#586] In reply to [#585]
@Chri
Seems very similar to my method above! ;)
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10114.583

PS But careful : verify that volume resulting is a solid...it's more frequently a "linked surfaces"!
17 Jun   [#587]
感谢各位,看到各位的回复。
的确,这样做是可行的。我在v4时期就是这样修补圆角的https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Zq4y197ii?p=5
我所表达意思是NSIDED产生面的效果不够好,例图:
(Thank you all for your responses.
Indeed, this is feasible. This is how I repaired the rounded corners during the v4 era ,What I mean is that the effect of the NSIDED generated surface is not good enough, as shown in the example image:)

可以看到,使用NSIDED产生曲面的部分,曲面被分成多块,并且衔接处过渡不够光顺。
至于圆角的例子是因为原本我想做球化圆角(如CATIA那样的熔接面)而恰好NSIDED对这种情况效果不佳。我知道用Network等方式能达到更理想的效果,但这与展现的效果有差距。(http://moi3d.com/forum/lmessages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10714.1)

(As can be seen, the part of the surface generated using NSIDED is divided into multiple blocks, and the transitions at the junctions are not smooth enough.
As for the example of rounded corners, it was because I originally wanted to do spheroidized fillets (such as CATIA fusion surfaces), but NSIDED happened to have a poor effect on this situation. I know that using methods such as Network can achieve more ideal results, but there is a gap between this and the displayed effect.)

Attachments:
qm1.3dm

Image Attachments:
qm1.3dm - MoI.jpg  qm2.3dm - MoI.jpg 

17 Jun   [#588] In reply to [#587]
Hi SUIYAN, you might want to check out using sub-d modeling for making a shape like that.

It can be easier to generate a shape that is smooth all over in sub-d rather than trying to build it in a "fill in patch by patch" type of process.

- Michael
17 Jun   [#589] In reply to [#588]
GOOD DAY Michael
期待SUB-D工具,其实Nside的效果是不错的,我做了一个球化圆角(Looking forward to the SUB-D tool, in fact, the effect of Nside is good. I made a spherical rounded corner)

我希望Nside产生的面是一个完整的面,而不是缝合的。我知道对于尖角和转折,问题难以解决。使用三角面拼接能够填充尖角和转折这是一个好方法,但仍希望能够融合成一个面。
(I hope that the surface generated by Nside is a complete surface, not a stitched one. I know that for sharp corners and turning points, the problem is difficult to solve. Using triangular stitching to fill sharp corners and bends is a good method, but we still hope to merge them into one face.)

我使用直角选项时,我想如果三个尖角能够扩大一点弧长并且位置分别向外指向外侧的三条边的方向,这就是一个球化圆角了。(When I use the right angle option, I think if the three sharp corners can have a vertical radius and their positions point outward in the direction of the three outer edges, it is a spherical rounded corner.)

另外,期待network能增加连续性功能选项,这其他人提过了(Additionally, we look forward to the addition of continuity functionality options in the network, as mentioned by others)

Image Attachments:
1.png  2.png  3.png  4.png 

18 Jun   [#590] In reply to [#589]
Hi SUIYAN, unfortunately these areas you are asking about are quite difficult and will require a lot of work. So they are not likely to happen anytime soon.

- Michael
18 Jun   [#591] In reply to [#590]
Hi Michael
>我希望Nside产生的面是一个完整的面,而不是缝合的。(I hope that the surface generated by Nside is a complete surface, not join)

突然想到,Nside问题不需要直接形成完整曲面而是通过合并布尔。还记得这个讨论吗?Suddenly, it occurred to me that the problem with Nside does not require directly forming a complete surface, but rather through Boolean Union. Do you still remember this discussion?

(http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=11426.1)

You Said> in the future I would like to enable more cases where surfaces can get merged with Boolean Union. Currently it's only supported for 2 coplanar planes or when the 2 surfaces are trimmed pieces of the same larger underlying surface.

我想完成这些,就可以通过布尔形成完整的曲面了。(I want to complete these so that I can form a complete surface through Boolean.)
18 Jun   [#592] In reply to [#591]
Hi SUIYAN,

> You Said> in the future I would like to enable more cases where surfaces can get
> merged with Boolean Union. Currently it's only supported for 2 coplanar planes
> or when the 2 surfaces are trimmed pieces of the same larger underlying surface.

Right, that will be for things like the 2 surfaces are pieces of some larger surface like 2 pieces of a sphere with the same center and radius, or 2 extrusions from the same base curve and direction.

The surfaces from NSided are not like that.

- Michael
20 Jun   [#593]
A few UI enhancements for improving the already very good default experience:
- Have the Objects/Type/Styles sections already open at startup (or remember their state across starts)
- Option to separate the Construct/Transform sections: I personally find myself switching between the two frequently and for 27" or larger screens there is enough vertical space to make both directly accessible
- Configure some default keyboard shortcuts for various frequently used tools: This greatly increases the efficiency and it's kind of hard to find out the right commands for configuring those manually

Since the added grouping support in V5 allows to construct more complex designs, it would be nice to have a variation on the orbit mechanics that rotates around the first point of contact below the mouse cursor. Same goes for zoom and pan for scaling the speed/step size. This would allow comfortably working on details in parts of the model that are further from the origin.
20 Jun   [#594] In reply to [#593]
Why don't use this sort of floating window ?
https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9758.1
But you must see all the thread if you want some more refinements! ;)

20 Jun   [#595]
Seems the floating window still works on V4 ! :)
but not on Beta V5! :(
https://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9758.1

My Shortcut seems good!

I have only this ! (no error message)

When I right Click on it (red x) : i have only Move & Size clickable
Move is Ok
Size don't works! :(

20 Jun   [#596] In reply to [#593]
Hi Sönke,

Re:
> it would be nice to have a variation on the orbit mechanics that rotates
> around the first point of contact below the mouse cursor.

That exists now with the Area widget:

The first step in Area is picking a 3D point. That becomes the new pivot point for orbiting.

Another way set the pivot point is with Reset. The new pivot point is the center of the selection that exists when Reset is clicked.

- Peer

Image Attachments:
zoom_area.png 

20 Jun   [#597] In reply to [#594]
> Why don't use this sort of floating window ?

That might be an alternative, although it makes sense to use the space that is already available in the side bar. But, although I know that you can customize a lot, I think it would be nice to have a few basic things available by default, as my guess (could be wrong of course) is that most users don't even go as far as using a pre-made script.
20 Jun   [#598] In reply to [#596]
Thanks, I didn't realize that, good to know! This definitely has its advantages over the proposed orbit mode. On the other hand, a navigation mode like that would be more dynamic (less clicks/mode switches) and is very popular in all kinds of 3D software, so IMO it would still make sense - especially considering that there are already multiple alternative modes and it wouldn't really add complexity to the UI.
20 Jun   [#599] In reply to [#593]
Hi Sönke, thanks for this feedback.

re:
> - Have the Objects/Type/Styles sections already open at startup (or remember their state across starts)

See here for how to set that up:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9157.2

> - Option to separate the Construct/Transform sections: I personally find myself switching between the two
> frequently and for 27" or larger screens there is enough vertical space to make both directly accessible

For separating all of them, see here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=9439.3

For separating just Construct/Transform here:
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6507.487

> - Configure some default keyboard shortcuts for various frequently used tools: This greatly
> increases the efficiency and it's kind of hard to find out the right commands for configuring
> those manually

There is a list of command names here:
https://moi3d.com/4.0/docs/moi_command_reference11.htm#shortcutkeys

The design for shortcut keys in MoI is that only a basic set common to all apps like copy/paste are defined by default. Other shortcuts can be defined by the user according to their preferences.

MoI was actually designed initially to be able to function without needing the keyboard at all.

Thanks,
- Michael
20 Jun   [#600] In reply to [#595]
HI Pilou

可能你需要覆盖一下SidePane1.htm文件到D:\Program Files\MoI 5.0\ui
(Perhaps you need to overwrite the SidePane1.htm file to D: \ Program Files \ MoI 5.0 \ ui)

并重新设置快捷键(And reset the shortcut keys):script: var panel = null; try { panel = moi.ui.getUIPanel( 'moi://ui/SidePane1.htm' ); } catch(e){} if ( panel ) { panel.moiWindow.close(); } else { moi.ui.createDialog( 'SidePane1.htm' ); }

有时可能需要重新设置以能够正确调用(Sometimes it may be necessary to reset to be able to call correctly)
也可能只是你的快捷键设置的问题,我遇到过这样的问题,请先重新设置快捷键,而不要冒然替换SidePane1.htm以避免出现新的问题(有时两个值都能完成调用,但只要一个值能够保证不失效。你需要这个值。)
(It may also be just a problem with your shortcut key settings. I have encountered such a problem before. Please reset the shortcut key first, and do not replace SidePane1.htm recklessly to avoid new problems (sometimes both values can be called, but only one value can be guaranteed to not be invalid. You need this value.)

Attachments:
SidePane1.htm

Image Attachments:
1.png 

20 Jun   [#601] In reply to [#600]
In fact seems i had an old version of the SidePane1.htm !

But thx for the infos!

Show messages:  1-5  …  526-545  546-565  566-585  586-601