MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 Wish List

Show messages:  1-8  …  509-528  529-548  549-568  569-588  589-601

5 Jun   [#569] In reply to [#568]
Hi Michael, attached the files...
Created 2 layer file in coreldraw and exported as ACAD2000 (dxf)
coloured the layers using RGB pallette..

1 of moi files shows you straight dxf import
2 moi file shows you sort of result i'd expect or hope for.

Attachments:
TEST_MOI_2LAYER_COLOURED_DXF_X3_ACAD2000.DXF
TEST_MOI_DXF_IMPORT.3dm
TEST_MOI_DXF_IMPORT_MANUALLY_ADJUSTED.3dm

Image Attachments:
layers in corel (using RGB colours).jpg 

5 Jun   [#570] In reply to [#569]
Hi stefano, for the names set up a shortcut key with this on it and trigger it after you do the DXF import:

script: /* Copy style name to object name */ var objs = moi.geometryDatabase.getSelectedObjects(); var styles = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjectStyles(); for ( var i = 0; i < objs.length; ++i ) { var obj = objs.item(i); if ( obj.styleIndex < styles.length ) { obj.name = styles.item( obj.styleIndex ).name; } }

I'll see if the DXF importer can be adjusted to get the color from entity properties if there are no "BYLAYER" entities and all entities on the layer have the same entity color which seems to be how your DXF is structured.

- Michael
6 Jun   [#571] In reply to [#570]
Hi Michael, thanks a lot for this...will try !
As the import was not getting the result expected e.g. "all black" in styles list
the dxf-export file (from corel) tried to cover both bases. - it was not my intention to also have to colour the layers initially***.
i did it both ways as an experiment to see if it made any import-difference to getting colours on into MOI styles list.

My opinion is:

If the dxf shapes (or entities from corel) was coloured and/or the layer coloured and moi could intelligently pick up would be very flexible.
Or i guess it might need an import tweak with a few options.

** I do think colours by layer is the best approach for larger imports of many dxf entities or doing an import from
a more organised drawing,whereas byentity colour would be the icing on the cake - might be used when there
is less objects to import or less organised drawing.

Food for thought! I'd hesitate a guess MOI DXF importer could cover both bases.

Would you like me to give you any more flavours of dxf export from coreldraw?
I currently have 3 licensed versions X3, X6, X9.

6 Jun   [#572] In reply to [#563]
<< basic macro recorder perhaps with a tree view / step by step interface .

There is a record by / for Elephant! By Nkallen
See bottom page!
https://moiscript.weebly.com/install-elephant.html
6 Jun   [#573] In reply to [#572]
cheers Pilou - well aware of the node editor and will get to it one day soon...
my suggestion for linked commands and macro recorder - was less advanced
and also more minimal... i feel once i start experimenting with node editor which
looks very expansive in its capabilities - wont get much work done ;o)
6 Jun   [#574] In reply to [#573]
If i good remember you have nothing to do...
Just launch the recorder
Make anything you want (classical is more reasonable)
You have the record!
Launch the record! :)
No need to know the Elephant in depth! :)
6 Jun   [#575] In reply to [#574]
i had in mind for node editor to create random surface finishes...
but hey maybe it can do boring stuff as well !

is this (install via github) still valid or easier method on your website ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTGCHa-pZk
6 Jun   [#576] In reply to [#571]
Hi stefano,

re: Colors for CorelDraw DXF import

I've updated the DXF importer for the next v5 release so it will bring in colors when importing your TEST_MOI_2LAYER_COLOURED_DXF_X3_ACAD2000.DXF file.

The way it will work is that if all the entities on a layer are using color-by-entity with the same color then it will use that color for the style in MoI instead of the layer color.

> Would you like me to give you any more flavours of dxf export from coreldraw?
> I currently have 3 licensed versions X3, X6, X9.

No thanks I don't think that's necessary.

Thanks, - Michael
6 Jun   [#577] In reply to [#575]
I don't know another method...except these described for the "record" on my site...

For Nomal Install (not the special record) look upper page and scroll following your version...
6 Jun   [#578]
Thanks Michael I think what you’ve done makes sense
and gives two way consistency now >

Coloured a few objects in moi earlier exported as dxf and imported into Corel, the colours worked fine that way.

monseur Pilou je parlez petit francais and maybe it’s a bit easier for me to read…Eitherway Google translate made me a great fan of your website lately, many thanks for that resource !

https://moiscript-weebly-com.translate.goog/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

6 Jun   [#579] In reply to [#578]
Super...you will find some free stuffs in any domains! :)

My favorite free for Moi (or any progs) in this 2024 is this one! :)
The 4 first images & animation! Incredible!
https://moiscript.weebly.com/krea.html
17 Jun   [#580]
希望增强N边曲面(NSIDED)目前的NSIDED对一些情况很不理想,例如对 因为修剪、布尔、复杂曲面等原因产生细小的断裂边的情况,通常无法计算或结果错误。merge脚本也无法很好的合并这些边。还有例如图片的情况,产生的面效果不理想。
I hope to enhance N-sided surfaces (NSIDED). Currently, NSIDED is not ideal for some situations, such as situations where small broken edges are generated due to trimming, Boolean, complex surfaces, etc., and it is usually difficult to calculate or the results are incorrect. The merge script also cannot merge these edges well. In addition, as shown in the picture, the resulting surface effect is not ideal.

希望能升级为边界曲面(像ug那样的效果)I hope to upgrade to a boundary surface (with an effect similar to ug)

Image Attachments:
11.jpg  22.jpg 

17 Jun   [#581] In reply to [#580]
Hi Suiyan,

Please post a .3dm file for this case.

- Peer
17 Jun   [#582]
Speaking of which, what is the best way to make these surfaces? In this example I have surfaces from filleting, surfaces from sweeping, N-sided surfaces and networking.
We can clearly see that the number of points created are very different but are there methods to avoid and/or others which will be more desirable.

Attachments:
exemples_construction_surfaces.3dm

17 Jun   [#583]
this one also! ;)

17 Jun   [#584] In reply to [#582]
Hi Phiro,

re:
> We can clearly see that the number of points created are very different but are there methods to avoid
> and/or others which will be more desirable.

Usually it would be best to use edge filleting for this, rather than manual construction.

- Michael
17 Jun   [#585] In reply to [#583]
another one

Chri

Attachments:
another one.3dm

Image Attachments:
another one.png 

17 Jun   [#586] In reply to [#585]
@Chri
Seems very similar to my method above! ;)
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10114.583

PS But careful : verify that volume resulting is a solid...it's more frequently a "linked surfaces"!
17 Jun   [#587]
感谢各位,看到各位的回复。
的确,这样做是可行的。我在v4时期就是这样修补圆角的https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Zq4y197ii?p=5
我所表达意思是NSIDED产生面的效果不够好,例图:
(Thank you all for your responses.
Indeed, this is feasible. This is how I repaired the rounded corners during the v4 era ,What I mean is that the effect of the NSIDED generated surface is not good enough, as shown in the example image:)

可以看到,使用NSIDED产生曲面的部分,曲面被分成多块,并且衔接处过渡不够光顺。
至于圆角的例子是因为原本我想做球化圆角(如CATIA那样的熔接面)而恰好NSIDED对这种情况效果不佳。我知道用Network等方式能达到更理想的效果,但这与展现的效果有差距。(http://moi3d.com/forum/lmessages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=10714.1)

(As can be seen, the part of the surface generated using NSIDED is divided into multiple blocks, and the transitions at the junctions are not smooth enough.
As for the example of rounded corners, it was because I originally wanted to do spheroidized fillets (such as CATIA fusion surfaces), but NSIDED happened to have a poor effect on this situation. I know that using methods such as Network can achieve more ideal results, but there is a gap between this and the displayed effect.)

Attachments:
qm1.3dm

Image Attachments:
qm1.3dm - MoI.jpg  qm2.3dm - MoI.jpg 

17 Jun   [#588] In reply to [#587]
Hi SUIYAN, you might want to check out using sub-d modeling for making a shape like that.

It can be easier to generate a shape that is smooth all over in sub-d rather than trying to build it in a "fill in patch by patch" type of process.

- Michael

Show messages:  1-8  …  509-528  529-548  549-568  569-588  589-601