MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 Wish List

Show messages:  1-19  …  140-159  160-179  180-199  200-219  220-239  240-259  260-279  …

29 May 2021   [#200]
The rotation tool of the Edit Frame is not very visible in numerous situations!
29 May 2021   [#201] In reply to [#199]
Dan & Michael - That's exactly what I was thinking. Just a little dot to indicated you're in Centered mode for those instances when you select an object, quickly zoom in, then think, "What mode am I in?"

Ed Ferguson
29 May 2021   [#202] In reply to [#199]
Hi Dan, I'm not sure about that, the dot doesn't really indicate "centering" very much. Maybe though.

- Michael
29 May 2021   [#203] In reply to [#202]
Something like this? But without the text.

Ed Ferguson

29 May 2021   [#204] In reply to [#203]
A take on Ed's suggestion

MindSet

Image Attachments:
HANDLES.jpg 

30 May 2021   [#205] In reply to [#203]
I've tried to let these sink in for a bit but they're still seeming kind of weird.

- Michael
30 May 2021   [#206] In reply to [#205]

Image Attachments:
Size_Wig_Cntr2.png 

2 Jun 2021   [#207]
Hi,

It would be nice to have 2d blend that would work on any part of the curve instead of just the endpoints.
An option to trim at that point would be interesting also.

Also, a function to directly cut a line at a certain point, in one click would be nice.

Marc
2 Jun 2021   [#208] In reply to [#207]
Hi Marc,

re:
> Also, a function to directly cut a line at a certain point, in one click would be nice.

Try this plugin.

- Michael

Attachments:
SplitAtPoint.zip

3 Jun 2021   [#209] In reply to [#208]
Cool ! No need to select a curve!!!
French version :)
https://moiscript.weebly.com/pts-dune-courbe.html

3 Jun 2021   [#210]
Seems SplitAtPoint don't work with Circle, closed curves etc...
3 Jun 2021   [#211] In reply to [#208]
Hi Michael,

That's perfect .

And congrats on the new hockey team, lets see what those Krakens can do!

Marc
3 Jun 2021   [#212] In reply to [#210]
Hi Pilou,

re:
> Seems SplitAtPoint don't work with Circle, closed curves etc...

Yes that's correct, it can only split an open curve. To split a closed curve use the regular Edit > Trim command instead of this special version.

- Michael
3 Jun 2021   [#213]
Or the "AddPt" command with the "Make corner point" setting, which puts an opposite point on a closed curve by itself, dividing the curve into two parts.

Image Attachments:
AddPt.PNG 

4 Jun 2021   [#214] In reply to [#213]
Hi, i would like to have groups of styles. I often come up with a lot of styles, and some objects with a lot of styles . Grouping should be convenient. The possibility of masking some styles inside the group, off course, and a way of quickly viewing only the group i want. Also some mechanism to select in a list when naming an object. I know there is a script to do that, but some kind of automatism should be easier.
Thanks
25 Jun 2021   [#215]
I'd like to see a visual difference between a corner point and a smooth point. Both have very different attributes, but they look the same.

Maybe an option to set corner points to a square, or a different color, or some type of indication without opening a panel or running a script.

Examples:

Corner points in construction curves can cause unwanted behavior in Lofts and Fillets. I try to construct curves in the simplest way possible and only use corner points when needed. But they can appear when making a Mirror, and it would help a lot to see them at a glance.

Sometimes I want a corner point in the middle of a curve so a seam gets created. This allows me to assign two colors to the same curved object. Again, I can't just look at a curve and see the difference.

A bonus would be to have the ability to switch from one type to another by double-clicking on the point.

Ed Ferguson
30 Jun 2021   [#216]
Function
Falling vertically an object to the next touching one...

5 Jul 2021   [#217]
Hi,

I have a licensed program that only allows as many instances running on my network as I have licenses.

When I try to start another instance on another computer and I have no unused licenses it lists the computers running the program and asks if I would like to kill one and free up the license.

I would like to see that approach available with MOI - it would suit my working environment.

Frederick
5 Jul 2021   [#218]
Hello Michael,

I have got a question is it possible to create a closed circular object using patterns/curves distributed radially around a point/axis ?
5 Jul 2021   [#219] In reply to [#218]
Hi Psygorn, by "closed circular object" do you mean a sphere or a torus or something else?

- Michael

Show messages:  1-19  …  140-159  160-179  180-199  200-219  220-239  240-259  260-279  …