MoI discussion forum
MoI discussion forum

Full Version: V5 Wish List

Show messages:  1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-240  241-260  …  561-562

23 May 2021   [#181] In reply to [#180]
Hi Michael,

Ok and tanx. If you could guide me to where I could start learning to create my own plugins that would be awesome! ( Well I know it is not an easy task but I know it would be fun to be able to create scripts or plugins :)
23 May 2021   [#182] In reply to [#181]
Hi Psygorn, re: learning scripting - it's pretty difficult to learn how to do it currently. It's not an area of MoI that is fully developed, documented, and supported as of yet.

The main way people have learned it is by examining existing commands. There is a little bit of information here: http://moi3d.com/wiki/Scripting .

- Michael
23 May 2021   [#183] In reply to [#182]
Tanx Michael

:-)
23 May 2021   [#184] In reply to [#179]
Alas i don't script ...too difficult for my old brain!
I just use some ready made and edit some values inside...

So you can use a certain length for select only diagonal of a faces...so put manually your objects on these faces...
24 May 2021   [#185] In reply to [#181]
Hi Psygorn, re: learning scripting.

To expand upon Michael's comment about using MoI's commands as examples to learn scripting from, open MoI's commands folder and you will find the .htm and .js files for all of MoI's commands. These are an excellent set of examples to study and give you some insight into how to write your own scripts. It does take some time, but I found it to be very helpful.

--Larry
24 May 2021   [#186] In reply to [#184]
Hi PILOU,

Unfortunately I still don't understand what you are trying to say!

I gave a shortcut to the script u posted:

script: /* Select by Length */ var min = 1.0, max = 5.0; var crvs = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getCurves(); for ( var i = 0; i < crvs.length; ++i ) { var crv = crvs.item(i); var len = crv.getLength(); if ( len>= min && len <= max ) { crv.selected = true; } }

It doesn't work! I mean I was not able to select pentagonal face's sides with it! Would you please show me how it is done? using your short Gif videos?

(I have attached a 3D model of a soccer ball) Take a look at the attachment.

Edit:> Alas i don't script ...too difficult for my old brain!
Old is gold! :)

Attachments:
Soccer_Ball_1.3dm

24 May 2021   [#187] In reply to [#185]
Ok, Tanx.

I'll try to check it although I have to confess I am not good at programming at the moment! But I know how fun it would be if one could create his/her own scripts or plugins! :)

By the way is there a thread for it? (Scripting in MOI I mean)
24 May 2021   [#188] In reply to [#186]
Sorry seems it was a glitch when many decimals are input...

the exact value in the diagonal that input was 9.7832259
normally when you input var min = 9.7832259, max = 9.7832259 that should work but here you must input
var min = 9.7832259, max = 9.7832260
Michael will explain what...it's out my old understanding!

Don't select anything
Press Tab or make a shortcut and write the following line

Press Enter
You must have your 2 diagonals selected!
script: /* Select by length */ var min = 9.7832259, max = 9.7832260; var crvs = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getCurves(); for ( var i = 0; i < crvs.length; ++i ) { var crv = crvs.item(i); var len = crv.getLength(); if ( len>= min && len <= max ) { crv.selected = true; } }

I have just entered 2 diagonals....so only 2 diagonals will be selected!

with Vclone by maxSmirnov you can replace a "vector" by anything! :)
And each objects will take the same direction and size than the vector!
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=6486.1

24 May 2021   [#189] In reply to [#188]
Hi PILOU,

Thank you for your explanations :)

But I don't get it! Why u keep talking about diagonals?

I need to put stitches along these edges. Why should I look for diagonals?

24 May 2021   [#190] In reply to [#189]
Because a diagonal will be considered like a vector by the Max Smirnov Vclone

Like this you will can replace anything you want by anything you want! :)

If you take the yellow edges how you will distinguish black faces and white face they have same length :)

but what is exactly your target ? Points for make what ?

the file that you give me has different surfaces sizes!

if You want make like the "photo"
with my method you have just to draw only 2 faces ( one black, on white)
Draw the vectors and launch the vClone (twice one for each color) ;)
24 May 2021   [#191] In reply to [#190]
Hi PILOU,

if you take a look at the attached photo you will see a soccer ball and close to it there is a curve and 7 ring like objects ( I call these stitches)
Do you know a method with which I could replace all the shared edges between pentagonal faces and hexagonal ones with those stitches?

Take a close look at the black pentagonal face I have already put some stitches along one of its edges as an example so you could see what I mean!

Attachments:
Soccer_Ball_What_I_Want.3dm

24 May 2021   [#192] In reply to [#191]
so many possibilities, Array files circular, vclone, Oriente Line/line (none) etc...
one method

orange tubes are stiches between Black & White faces
green tubes are stiches between white faces !

1 Black face top and 1 black face bottom
1 array circular from Top for 5 black faces, 1 array circular from bottom for 5 black faces

and only one circular for the last white faces with green tubes :)

26 May 2021   [#193] In reply to [#192]
Hi PILOU,

I did use array circular for creation of my soccer ball with stitches, but I would like to learn new (and possibly quicker methods) like vclone, Oriente Line/line (none) etc...

So, I'll check them and come back to you if i faced a problem.

:-)
28 May 2021   [#194]
Hello all, I would like to know your opinion.

Would it be a good idea to have such a thing in MOI?

Edit: I think this way users could save short keys and they could have access to a wider range of commands/scripts/plugins.
28 May 2021   [#195] In reply to [#194]
Hi Psygorn, I think that's probably something that I can set up as part of making multiple shortcut keys in sequence work in the future.

- Michael
28 May 2021   [#196] In reply to [#195]
Tanx Michael.
29 May 2021   [#197]
Edit Frame behavior request:

Clicking on an Edit Frame handle toggles the round marker to let me know if I'm about to scale from the object's center, or from one side.

To get accurate mouse movements and see the object close up, I often zoom in to a level where the marker is off screen. I know I should look first to see what mode I'm in, but forget most the time.

Is it possible to add some kind of handle indicator, or handle color change, or handle line thickness change to show if I'm about to scale from the side rather than the center when zoomed in?

Ed Ferguson
29 May 2021   [#198] In reply to [#197]
Hi Ed,

re:
> Is it possible to add some kind of handle indicator, or handle color change, or handle
> line thickness change to show if I'm about to scale from the side rather than the center
> when zoomed in?

Nothing really pops into mind for a color or thickness that would convey a meaning of "scale from center" vs "scale from corner".

Do you have any ideas on what that might look like?

- Michael
29 May 2021   [#199] In reply to [#198]
Maybe if it's set to center....

Image Attachments:
Edit Frame.png 

29 May 2021   [#200]
The rotation tool of the Edit Frame is not very visible in numerous situations!

Show messages:  1-20  …  121-140  141-160  161-180  181-200  201-220  221-240  241-260  …  561-562