Feature suggestion: Divide

986.2 In reply to 986.1 
Hi Marc, I'm glad that you are enjoying MoI!

I would like to add a divide function in the future.

At the moment you can use the ArrayCurve command combined with Trim as a substitute.

Here's how it works - say you want to divide a curve into 5 equally sized segments.

Go to Draw curve / More / Point and place a point object at the start of the curve:

Select the point, and then go to Transform / Array / Curve, select the curve as the path curve, and set the "Item count" option for the array to one more than the number of segments you want. So for instance if you want 5 segments, set the item count to 6. That will create this:

Now select the curve, run Edit / Trim, then select the points as the cutting objects. When it asks you which pieces to discard, just push Done to keep all the pieces, and that will cut up your curve into equal segments:

This is not as convenient as a divide command but it should get the job done until then. If you have to deal with a larger number of points, let me know and I will cook up a script macro that you could use to delete all point objects in the model, it can otherwise be kind of annoying to pick all the points to get rid of them.

- Michael