V4 beta Oct-10-2019 available now

9526.95 In reply to 9526.1 
Finally downloaded the new Beta, and I am really liking the dimensions and details implementation. This is going to be extremely useful. Particularly once the full export functionality for dimensions is implemented.

I did run into a strange issue when it came to changing the font for dimensions and setting annotation. It seemed to have issues with (and an inability to use) some other face variations within a font family.

For example, whenever I selected the "Extended #2" face in the "Eurostile" font family I have, it would simply default to the "regular" face of "Eurostile".

Likewise, selecting the "Demi" font weight face, it would switch to "bold", etc.

Another quirk is that it will often change the size of the font to something ridiculously large when selecting a new face within a font family even if it had already been set with a smaller size.

For example, a text annotation would be set with a 18pt "regular" font, and simply changing it to "condensed bold" (same font family) suddenly it would jump the size up to 176 pt (or some other huge pt size). Of course I could then simply reset it back to 18pt, but it was a strange quick/bug to have the size setting change simply by selecting a different font face.

EDIT: In playing around some more, it seems that the increasing font size issue is a bug wherein anytime you select a new face, it incrementally increases the font size automatically.

For example, adding a new text annotation, it defaults to the UI font. Click on the "details" then changing git to a new font, steps it up from the 12pt "Open Sans" font (the Ui default) to a 30pt font. Even if not chaining gate face itself. Simply clicking on the font selection within the "details" window again, jumps it from 30pt to 85pt. Clicking again goes from 85pt to 227pt, etc.

It would also be a real boon to be able to delete any customized font setting so that it goes back to the default UI font setting.

EDITED: 16 Oct 2019 by LESTATDELC