V4 beta Oct-10-2019 available now

9526.28 In reply to 9526.25 
Hi beanworks,

re:
> I would be happy to upload it to a dropbox or something if you still want to see it.

Yes please that would be helpful for me to look at.

So the weird looking text salad that you're seeing at a far zoom out level is a side effect from the different display strategy that MoI's first round of dimensions are focused on. That's that the text is scale independent and tries to stay at the same size on screen no matter if you are zoomed in a ways or zoomed out.

The intention of that is to try and free you from having to worry about the text scale when you're putting in dimensions on a simple drawing.

The downside is that in a drawing that has a lot of dimensions and you also zoom out quite a ways they will run into each other like that. I think I might try to shrink down the text when you're zoomed out a long ways from a dimension to help tame that and I also know that there will need to be an option for the text to be scale dependent as well because scale independent text does not work for making something like a title block where you want the text to fit in gridded boxes.

- Michael