V4 beta Oct-10-2019 available now

9526.18 In reply to 9526.11 
Hi OSTexo,

> I'm noticing some different behavior when trying to use Align with the Dimension tools.
> It seems when I draw a dimension then try to align using the Align tool it the alignment
> drag point is offset from the annotation by a variable amount. Is this normal behavior?

Hmmm yeah it's kind of like they're a little lazy with Transform > Align. That's definitely a bug, not intentional. I'll see about squashing it thanks for reporting it!

> Also, is there a way to place the text of a dimension outside of the measurement
> and flip the arrowheads? Otherwise for small measurements the annotation has a
> tendency to collapse in on itself and it becomes unreadable.

There isn't anything set up for that currently. Do you think it should happen automatically when the text doesn't fit at the current zoom level or is it better to have an option that flips it manually and stays that way at all zoom levels?

> Any chance for curved leaders or aligned spacing for stacked measurements?

I really wanted to do curved leaders but it was going to be difficult enough that it's punted out after v4.

Could you show an example of the stacked measurement spacing? Is that something like a property value you want to adjust later on or would it be some option in the drawing commands?

Thanks, - Michael