V4 beta Oct-10-2019 available now

9526.117 In reply to 9526.115 
Hi Sven,

> As you can see, not only awful long names but a lot of extended chars as well. One is
> interesting (Volumenkörper1) because its supposed to be Volumenkörper (a german word.
> Client is german).
> Not sure if ö got replaced by ö because of the clients export module or if was translated by MOI on import.

If it is possible for you to send me the file to test with at moi@moi3d.com I promise to keep it confidential and then I might be able to test with it and find out if the ö got mangled at import or not.

Also I've been meaning to do something about these intolerably long object names. I think when I updated the import libraries to a new major version the names are getting some kind of STEP "product ID" code or something like that appended to their start. Something like that anyway.

> If you can provide a script to remove extended characters, that would be indeed very helpful! Thanks a lot!

No problem, please try setting up the following on a shortcut key, this should remove any non-ascii characters from object names:

script: var objs = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects(); for ( var i = 0; i < objs.length; ++i ) { var obj = objs.item(i); if ( obj.name ) obj.name = obj.name.replace(/[^\x00-\x7F]/g, ""); }

- Michael