thank you very much!

940.3 In reply to 940.2 
- It was a big risk to develop the MoI UI, since I decided to just pretty much toss out standard conventions and start from scratch. It also took a long time to work on it, just about a year's worth of work just on making the UI work through several different iterations. It's pretty unusual to be able to devote that much time and effort to an experiment, that's why MoI is kind of different than other stuff.

Luckily the experiment seems to be paying off!

- Thank you for that vision, is paying off quite well

- I'm not exactly sure but I think the big thing is that you have to glance down at the keyboard often to hit those kind of key combos. A big shift in the direction that you're looking kind of breaks a feeling of continuous flow...

- Besides that, some how every program (or programer) tend to forget the basics, that we the users are used to the same basic commands in any program, in their effor to make the "complex" operations more "easy" after you make the "basic" cube, sphere, etc. you end up with a pile of deformers or cheking how many undoes you have allow the program to handle and in the top of all that, a lot of the same operations have a different name on each program!!!

- As an example, in some of the other posts I read how to extract a curve or anything for that matter, just select it, copy and paste it, easy! nobody thought it was so easy (at least not me)...

- I want to take some time to carefully design that area to try and get some functions similar to grouping, object browsing, and layers, hopefully all in one more combined mechanism instead of as separate things. That's going to take quite a bit of time to work on, so that's why I decided to push that entire area off until version 2 instead of doing it initially.

- Great!

- But if you mean a skew like a shear type operation that kind of shifts thing along a slanted diagonal then that is actually not as difficult - that one should be feasible for V2.

- Yup that's what I meant, and to talk about a specific problem: I had three different curves that I wanted to "skew" to conform a profile, I know that I can do that by moving the points in the curve, but when you have a more complex curve, the result is not precise enough.

- Anyway, this program is by far the easiest and straightforward I have used and you can believe me, I have used a lot in PC, MAC, NeXT, and UNIX operating systems.

Again Great work!

Thank you

EDITED: 21 Sep 2007 by KET