thank you very much!

940.2 In reply to 940.1 
Thanks Ket, I'm glad that it is working well for you!

> Thanks to MOI, I found myself trying to do anything in other programs in the same way. <...>

Sometimes I warn people that they might want to be careful getting started in MoI because it can make them end up unhappier with other stuff that they used to be satisfied with before! :)

Somehow once you get used to the flow of working without modifiers all the time, it is easy to get a little resentful every time you need to do a Shift or Shift+Alt or Ctrl+Shift, or whatever, each one is kind of like a little mini interruption. I'm not exactly sure but I think the big thing is that you have to glance down at the keyboard often to hit those kind of key combos. A big shift in the direction that you're looking kind of breaks a feeling of continuous flow...

It was a big risk to develop the MoI UI, since I decided to just pretty much toss out standard conventions and start from scratch. It also took a long time to work on it, just about a year's worth of work just on making the UI work through several different iterations. It's pretty unusual to be able to devote that much time and effort to an experiment, that's why MoI is kind of different than other stuff.

Luckily the experiment seems to be paying off!

> The documentation is really good, and necessary, not because you can't
> doing nothing without it, but because the combination of tools can give you
> a lot of different results and if you know how to use them, they can save
> you a lot of work.

Yup, this exactly right. When I demo MoI, people are frequently surprised at the actual depth in many areas.

Since it doesn't really smack you in the face with lots of stuff, it is easy to assume that things are more limited than they actually are, since more of the standard way to present a lot of functionality is to smack you in the face with it all at once...

Definitely the documentation is going to be a big help in making it easier to learn more of the in-depth stuff. I think that the video tutorials will be especially helpful once I get to that area of the documentation.

> A way to group objects and be able to transform them all together

This is definitely going to be a focus area for version 2. I want to try and incorporate this kind of grouping mechanism as part of an entire set of object organization and browsing tools.

I want to take some time to carefully design that area to try and get some functions similar to grouping, object browsing, and layers, hopefully all in one more combined mechanism instead of as separate things. That's going to take quite a bit of time to work on, so that's why I decided to push that entire area off until version 2 instead of doing it initially.

> A"skew" tool

There are some technical difficulties with certain kinds of skewing on solids like bending or tapering. But if you mean a skew like a shear type operation that kind of shifts thing along a slanted diagonal then that is actually not as difficult - that one should be feasible for V2.

Thanks!
- Michael