exporting 2d

Hello,

I've started using Moi for designing guitars mainly .
Since I want to use the drawings or models for "home built" cnc machining I need to have a 2d contour drawing of the model I designed .

I have 2 cam programs :

"cut3d" reads stl , 3ds etc so I can use this program to rout 3d shapes direct from Moi ( carved top etc ).

"sheetcam" is a 2 and 1/2D cam program and it is very fast and easy to rout holes pockets etc .
The only problem is that it needs dxf files .

Because I like Moi so much for drawing I would like to make a 2 d cad drawing of the instrument part I need and then export this in wathever format is best to keep the same lines , curves etc .
I've tried converting iges to dxf with some freeware programs but it doesn't give me any good results .
When I give a certain thicknes to the 2d drawing ( extrude all edges ) I can export it in stl , 3ds etc but then it has a thickness and I haven't been able to get it back in a 2d file yet .( blender etc )

The first drawing in 2d would be my main plan .From that drawing I will make all the 3d shapes and save that in other files for routing with my 3d cam program .

Can anyone give me some tips on what to use .
Since I'm not really industrial or so I would like to get a budget solution if possible.
I really want to buy Moi when it is released , It makes me draw so fluently and the display is superb .( great program !!!!)
It's all is fairly new to me so I still have to discover alot in this 3d world .

When i've finished some models I'll put some pictures on the moi forum .

Thanks ,

Paul