[Help]Simple Glass + Water Howto![Help]

891.26 In reply to 891.25 
Hi Pilou, at the moment there is a place there. But in version 2.0 when you are not in a command, that currently blank area will probably be filled with a panel that shows and allows you to edit the properties of the selected object.

Anything that goes in that spot needs to be of a pretty high usefulness for general operation of the program.

I'm sorry - the timer just does not seem to be useful in enough situations to place it in such a prominent place in the UI... Most of the time it would just say "2 seconds elapsed" - it would only be helpful in some very particular and somewhat unusual circumstances.

I've got to be very careful not to add a lot of UI widgets that are only useful in unusual circumstances, because that is how things get cluttered and harder to use!

But one thing I want to add at some point in the future is a mini text log output area where I can write stuff like error messages and additional information, maybe once I figure out where that will go I could add an "elapsed time" message to that output.

- Michael