V4 beta Feb-9-2018 available now

8814.25 In reply to 8814.22 
Hello Michael.

@You : "...thanks for the benchmark data!"

You're welcome Michael!

Please, as soon as you finish this first beta stage period, start to improve Moi's viewport performance using all GPU available power :)
When heavy models are loaded, like the engine picked from GrabCad, viewport standard operations, like rotate, pan, zoom, are actually extremely slow, when using a mesh angle of 5, also on my Gtx 1080 Ti.

Ok. I know that I can set mesh angle to a greater value, but at a cost of a coarse rendering of the curved surfarces.

These are the benchmark when rotating the maximized 3D viewport (based on the value displayed and the upper left corner of the viewport)
The model is always the "engine" that I download from GrabCad and then converted (3dm file of 385 Mb)

Mesh angle of 5 : 616 millisecs and 5.5 Gb of ram occupied
Mesh angle of 7 : 224 millisecs and 3.1 Gb of ram occupied
Mesh angle of 10 : 194 millisecs and 2.9 Gb of ram occupied (quality of rendering of curved surfaces is starting to get coarse when the camera is close to surfaces)
Mesh angle of 15 : 80 millisecs and 2.2 Gb of ram occupied (quality of rendering of curved surfaces is starting to get coarse even with wider zoom)
Mesh angle of 20 : 77 millisecs and 2.1 Gb of ram occupied (quality of rendering of curved surfaces is coarse)
Mesh angle of 25 : 50 millisecs and 1.9 Gb of ram occupied (quality of rendering of curved surfaces is coarse)

Hope this benchmark can help you :)

Thanks for all your support!

Ciao.

- Marco (mkdm)